Thursday, September 30, 2010

Playing Catch Up

The Nelsons have been busy. September is over and it seems unreal to me. Time sure does fly. Here are the random things we have been up to:

1. Corey had his second set of tubes on the 29th. We sure hope this helps him feel better and helps him stay well.

2. Cody and I discovered the Brownie Bling Pothole Concrete at Sheridans. Brownie + Peanut Butter + Hotfudge = delicious.

3. Carley left a sign on her door that sad, "Do nt Dstrv". translation Do Not Disturb. Apparently she wanted to jump on her bed without us knowing. :)

4. Corey started saying more in sign language and waving bye bye. He still says Hi, Mama, and Dada the most. He is turning into a serious eater. We barely can keep that little guy fed. He gave up bottles on his own the week after he turned 1 and just loves sippy cups and food!

5. Our church started Dave Ramsey's Momentum Financial Peace. Cody and I are group leaders for it. It is kicking our tails into shape on the financial side. We have never been big spenders or had debt other than the house and car but we sure see how we could be making better choices with our money.

6. Budgeting is hard when you have to pay double child care. :)

7. Carley counts to 100. She is getting so big.

8. Fall TV is back on and I am not adding anything new. Brothers & Sisters, Chuck, Parenthood, Modern Family, Glee, Grey's, and Private Practice. That is about it for me. This list is much shorter than previous years, so be proud of me.

9. Today is my sweet Mom's birthday. My parents have been a huge blessing this past month especially. They have helped with sick kids, doctors appointments, school meetings, and everything. I am SO very thankful for them! September has been a roller coaster month for them, but they have provided SUCH stability for me. Thanks Mom and Dad! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANA!

10. Carley loves to turn herself into letters. Here she is as a naked K.

11. Corey loves a little naked grocery shopping. Then again, who doesn't? ( I tried and tried to get the photoshopped image to upload with all parts covered, but I couldn't. Sorry for the nudity!)

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Please tell me you're watching Glee? Right? You couldn't have given it up could you?

Cute pics! I can't believe it is October!

Tara said...

poor corey and more tubes! so sad... one is bad enough. and that's awesome that y'all are doing that study in your church. i just read dave ramsey's total money makeover and he is awesome! and i totally agree that budgeting with two in daycare is crappy. :( crappy crappy. it's seriously like two stinkin' car payments! crazy. anyways. i can't believe that september's over either ... and like always your kiddos are so adorable! love your carley-isms ... they crack me up! and so did naked corey. ha.

Spotted-Bird said...

I am with Ann, you have to watch Glee! Corey is growing up so fast! Hope he is doing well with the new set of tubes.

Ashley said...

I just went back and added it! I DO WATCH GLEE!! Britney/Britnay was awesome

cmjj said...

The Office?!?!?! The first two episodes have been hilarious! And I love naked babies, I am not offended!

The Speck family said...

Your kids crack me up~ adorable!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed