Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10 years!

This weekend was my 10 year reunion from ACU. We had a WONDERFUL weekend. Cody, the kids, and I left Friday morning and really enjoyed the time with family and friend. What a special, special place with people who are the salt of the earth.

The weekend kicked off with some time at the Homecoming Queen's tea. It was great to visit with some of my sweet girl friends over cookies and punch like the old days. No kids, no husbands, just lots of laughing. Then my family went to the bookstore where we spent a ridiculous amount of money. Carley saw lots of purple and white that she needed. After that we went to the carnival. It was SO great. I bet there were 8 bounce houses, face painting, petting zoo, pony rides, bean bag tosses, games, prizes, and lots of cute families running around. After that we hit Bueno with some friends then turned in for the night.

Saturday morning began bright and early with Siggie breakfast. It was so fun to see so many from our pledge class and sing the songs that we sang one million times in college. It was pure joy. After breakfast we went to the parade where Carley got too much candy and a really cool highlighter that she loves. That was followed by chapel with some of my most special friends. I promise that singing The Lord Bless You and Keep You in Moody still can bring a tear to my eyes. It was especially neat to share this moment with Cody, Carley, and Corey.

After that we did lunch in the Bean, which is MUCH cooler than it was when we were there. We got to see lots of other classmates there and catch up. We went back to the hotel and took much needed naps. That evening Melody took Carley and Charlie to Chuck E Cheese while the rest of us when to our reunion dinner. Carley said Chuck E Cheese with Charlie and Melody was the best night of her life. The reunion dinner was great and filled more hugs from friends. After the dinner, Amy and I broke away for a little date at Chilis while Cody and Andy put the kids down.

Sunday morning we met Mark, Tara, Jaxon, Clay, and Jessica Rich for breakfast. Why did I not have my camera? Love these sweet families and really enjoyed IHOP with friends. After that the Nelsons headed home.

There was so much more I wanted to do, so much more I wanted to see, and so many places to see, but it was a wonderful weekend. I am so thankful for my 4 1/2 years in Abilene and pray that no matter what my kids decide to do for school, they are blessed by as many Christian friends.

A couple of things were on my mind a lot this weekend. Cody could not have been more kind, gracious, selfless, and wonderful. He let me float around and talk to everyone and kept the kids going. I also thought a lot of Jenny Ross Bizallion and the fact that her reunion with us is in Heaven. Saying good bye to my friends felt a little different this time because the world has taught us that you never really know what lies ahead for tomorrow. I also thought my my sweet friend whose families include children with special needs. Some were able to be there and let us see their sweet miracle babies like Corbin Mock and Ella Carder. Other blessings like Brooklyn Beaver, Ryleigh Cox, and Bennett Speck were on my mind and I can't wait to see them and their mommies soon.

Here are some shots from the weekend.

The Queen's Tea


Brooke, Kendra, me, Sarah Jane, Amy, and Katie


Meeting Sarah Jane Bowman at the carnival

Some of our pledge class

Ann in from Thailand!

Old roomie Lindsay
Kendra and Brooke
Loved Siggie Breakfast
Carley and Charlie were a riot all weekend. They were the best of friends.

Carley and Corey at the parade
Amy and I replicating a picture of us holding our first kids with us holding our second

Andy Bowman, Ken Murray, Corey in Ken's lap, and Cody

Shanta, me, Amy


Cody and I before the dinner

4 comments:

Jodi said...

TEARS! You sweet thing... I adore you.

Ok, so we HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO see each other. When will you maybe hit the Metroplex next?? Maybe we could hook up there?! Ugh. Regardless, it will do my soul SO much good to hug your neck... someday soon. Love you

Melody Forest McKee said...

Oh, Carkey!! It was the best night of my life also ;)

Jennifer K said...

Love seeing all the beautiful faces in your pictures! Ya'll had such an amazing class. Glad you had such a great time! See you soon, friend!

Tara said...

I am such a horrible friend. I edited my blogpost. I still have pregnancy brain-seriously. I cannot believe that we didn't get a picture together. I even had my camera with us.

So fun to see you guys. Love y'all!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed