Monday, November 15, 2010

November Notes

The last 2 weeks have been a blur. Little Corey continues to get sick and get well each week! Poor little guys is SO happy and such a trooper, but it continues to amaze me how he gets sick so quickly and so often. He eats tons of fruits and veggies, drinks only water and whole milk, but still catches everything. Part of it is his age (everything goes in his mouth), part of it is daycare and the church nursery, and part of it is just fall allergies and the way our little guy was made. We are praying that these cooler temperatures help with the allergies.
Onto happier thoughts: Corey says several animal sounds now moo, quack, roar, baa, and the money sound. He also says more words each day. My personal favorite is Book. I love that both of my babies love to read at this point in life. He also walks like a pro now. It breaks my heart just a little to see my 15 month old act so big!

Carley continues to live up to her nickname of "Sparkle". Her favorite thing to do right now is read. It amazes me how far she has come in the past couple of months. She read a Dora book to me last night. I couldn't believe it. Her handwriting is improving too. She also loves Financial Peace Junior and has just started working for check marks that are each worth a nickle. This week she earned $2.75. She gave $1 to church, saved $1, and marked $0.75 for spending. She wants to save up to buy a pink and orange minivan to drive when she is 16. The past week she has had trouble staying in her bed at night. We go through this every couple of months. She gets lonely, scared, or has a "night manor" and wants to see us. We have tried everything (rewards, loss of privileges, spankings, ignoring it) and really it all comes down to her. When she is secure, she stays in bed. When she is not, she gets up. It is really hard on me sometimes, but I think it is just a phase. Something will trigger and she won't do it for a couple of months, and then we will have a week like this one and we will see her every night. Oh the joys of motherhood.

My dear friend, Dalak, came to town weekend before last. We love it when he visits our family. I am so thankful for him and our friendship of 10 years. Mostly I love that Cody and the kids love him and enjoy his weekend visits.

Cody is busy, busy. One thing I love about Cody SO much is that our kids adore him. ADORE him. Carley talks about him nonstop and he is probably Corey's favorite person right now. This weekend we mostly hunkered down as a little family of 4. We stayed in pjs, cuddled, and cooked food so we didn't leave the house except for church. Love days like that! Happy Fall to you, blog land. Hard to believe Thanksgiving is a week and a half away!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I want to see your two cuties!! We need to schedule something soon- even if we are all wearing our pjs!

Jodi said...

Great update! I just love your posts about your precious family.... HUGS, friend. :)

Just so you know you're not alone, we now have Reagan's old napmat from MDO on the floor next to our bed. I was SO BEAT DOWN from getting up with her every 2 hours a night and trying to get her back to sleep... we found that when she wakes up and is "needy," if she comes in and sleeps on our floor, she makes it the rest of the night. I never thought we would go with this, but it is working and I'm ok with it. She has the freedom to come in and just lay down, and doesn't even wake me up anymore. I sometimes hear her, sometimes wake up and find her asleep next to me on the floor. But... we are feeling the same woes here, friend, and keep telling ourselves "it's just a phase." Here's to Parenthood!!!! :)

Amy said...

I got my new computer today so I'm back to blogland! I miss your kids. They're so precious! BTW, who is Dalak and why do I have no idea who he is? I'm sorry that I don't know who your friend is!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed