Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

We have had a busy week. The week started with Cody out of town for 4 days because he had a conference. My SWEET, AMAZING, KIND, and GENEROUS parents kept the kids on Monday and Tuesday for me so they could have the entire week off of school. The kids loved staying at Papa and Nana's. I went over there each day after work and stayed until both kids were in bed and then I went home. My parents were so sweet and they pointed out several times that my kids are perfect and precious so if they have trouble at my house, the fault is not with the kids. :) Carley loved staying on her sleeping bag in their room and Corey loved all the attention and kisses. Tuesday afternoon and all day Wednesday I just camped out at mom and dad's unless I needed to run an errand or get the kids out for awhile. It was great to get so much TLC. Wednesday night Cody came home and he enjoyed their warm home on Thursday with us too. It was such a relaxed Thanksgiving. Of course, my mom cooked the best food on the planet!

Here are some highlights of my week in no particular order.

1. We got out my My Little Pony Castle from 1984 that I had when I was a 6. I loved sharing it with Carley and she loved it too. It was so fun to play with again. I love that my mom kept so many of our toys from when we were little.
2. Corey kept grabbing my mom's decorative pumpkins, yelling "ball", and throwing them around the house. We found pumpkins everywhere!
3. Corey was all over my mom as always, but he has become a huge fan of Papa too. He called his name a lot this week and loved getting in his lap and playing.4. Carley and my dad picked pecans and shelled them. She now wants to be a firefighter and a pecan picker when she grows up.5. Corey turned the fireplace into his own chair. He was constantly hopping up there with a toy, a book, etc, and then hopping down to grab more. He is becoming SO busy!

6. I got to see 2 movies over the break! Cody and I saw Harry Potter 7 Part 1 Wednesday night and on Thursday afternoon we took Carley to see Tangled which she LOVED!

7. Mom is amazing. She was everywhere taking care of everyone. I want to be like her when I grow up.

8. Cody brought the kids really cute EMS and Fire Dept shirts from his trip. Carley loves her pink EMS shirt and the guy who gave it to her!
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too. I am so thankful for the Risen Savior and the eternal feast that awaits us in Heaven. What a wonderful day to celebrate His graciousness to us with family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

cmjj said...

Awwww, I love your family so much!! I want to be like your mom when I grow up too!!!!! I got to see HP by myself this week...it was awesome! Even though I already knew what was going to happen, I still cried. Did you?

Shannon Dial said...

a firefighter and a pecan picker, lol

Shanta said...

Excellent post! You are a good mommy and you have very cool parents. Welcome home, Coco! Love to you all!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed