Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Funny Valentines

We had a wonderful Valentine's weekend here at the Nelson home. My parents kept the kids Saturday afternoon and Cody and I went to lunch and then saw "Just Go With It". We both really liked it and enjoyed it a lot. Carley had seen some rollers at dollar store and really wanted to try them so Saturday night she wanted her hair rolled. Of course they came out a bed time because she couldn't get comfortable, but I thought she looked so cute wearing them. Here is her little brother in pjs too!
Sunday Cody worked so I took the kids to church. I thought they looked super sweet as my little cupids.

Monday was Valentines and we loved exchanging cards and gifts. The kids and I gave Cody a basket of thing
s to help him study. It had motrin, 5 hour energy drink, sunflower seeds, a starbucks gift card, candy, silly putty, a crossword puzzle book, and pringles. Carley definitely worked hard to pick the items. She also wrote her own card for Cody which was the sweetest card I had ever seen. She wrote all by herself "Happy Valentine's Day, Dad!" I can't wait to be on B shift with you and I love to give you a 100,000 hugs. Love, Carley". Carley got some books and candy from us and Corey got some bath books and a firetruck. The both loved their loot. Cody gave me some chocolates and a really sweet card. That day at work I was SO surprised. Cody sent me a beautiful flower arrangement of red roses, white daisies, and pink carnations. He later surprised me when he had a quartet come serenade me. It was so sweet. He also had balloons, a monkey, and a single rose sent to Carley at school. She felt SO special. He did all of this without me knowing! That afternoon was Carley's Valentines Party and school dance. She loved doing the Chicken Dance and Cha-Cha Slide with her friends. It was hilarious.
That night we spent at home eating pizza and being together. It was a great day. Happy Valentine's!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

She looks just like you used to look in those pink rollers :) Glad y'all had a fun valentines day!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed