Friday, June 03, 2011

Goodbye to Oprah

After 25 years, Oprah is off the air. Her last epidsode was last week. People either love Oprah or they hate her. "She thinks she is God". "She thinks she is SOMETHING SPECIAL, so prideful, so full of herself." Whether you agree or disagree that is up to you. I really enjoyed her show. She brought thought provoking topics, told stories that needed to be told, and dealt with issues with as much dignity as I believe possible. She asked good, tough questions. For the most part she with held judgement, and she told poignant stories. Of course I applaud her generocity and her love for education. For the past several years, I can't even remember how long, I have recorded her show and watched it after work. I didn't always watch every moment, but I did watch part of every show, and most of the time, I did watch the show in entireity. She gave a voice to many causes that did not have a voice. Just because I did not agree with every cause, doesn't mean that they did not deserve a voice. I will miss her show, her book club choices, and her voice each afternoon. I admire her phenomenal sucesss, her personal story of triumph, and her belief that we can all make a difference. Thank you for your show Oprah. You were one of a kind.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed