Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sweet Carley Moment

on Sunday night, Carley was playing in the yard of the home we attend for Growth Group kind of off on her own. It was dark and she was looking at the stars. On the way home she said she needed to tell me something. She said she God talked to her. I asked her what He said and she said he just put his voice in her heart and He told her, "You are the only you and I love you. Obey your parents. Trust in Me all the time." She said it so seriously and so innocently. She said it was an important moment. Those were her words. That night she picked two bible books to read and she said her good night prayer and it brought tears to my eyes. It went something like this, " Dear God, Thank you for talking to my heart. I love you too and I will follow you forever. I will always be yours. I trust and hope in your power. Thank you for Jesus. In his name I pray, Amen".

I am not sure what all went on that night, but I am so thankful that Carley's faith is becoming real and she understands prayer is a two way conversation.

Lord, please grow faith in our Carley. Help Cody and I to parent her in the way you want her to grow and in ways that let your love bloom inside of her. Help her words tonight to be true and let her always follow you. It is humbly in your son's name I pray, Amen

4 comments:

laura jo said...

Oh, that is so precious. No wonder Jesus calls us to have faith like a child!

Jessica said...

Laura couldn't have said it any better! Such a sweet, sweet moment in your little one's spiritual journey. :)

Jodi said...

TEARS. Precious. Oh, how we learn so much from the faith in our children!! Sweet girl, hug her from me.

Julie said...

ASHLEY! That is the best story. The faith of a child is unequaled.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed