Sunday, January 29, 2012

Thankful

I want to take a moment to acknowledge my thankfulness for an answered prayer. To the rest of the world, this is not a big deal and part of growing up, but it means so much to me. So far, the Nelsons have been healthy for a long time. Carley had her tonsils & adenoids out this Summer and so far she has not had one serious cough or cold of any kind! She has had minor seasonal allergies, no strep or anything like that! I am not boasting or bragging at all! I am just acknowledging God has answered our prayer for healthier kids! The only thing going on with her little body are a couple of UTI's this year and we are working on that. Also she has been going to the dermatologist since October because she had 6 planters warts on her foot. They have been nasty but 2 weeks ago, they cleared up! It seriously is another answered prayer!

Corey spent last January sick almost the entire time. So far he has not had any ear infections or throat infections since October. Last night he ran fever for about 2 hours and it was the first time in forever. He has a cough that has turned nasty. Hopefully we can treat it with stuff we have here. Either way, this is the healthiest this little guy has been maybe his entire life. Once again, I am not jinxing anything or boasting, I am just so thankful that God has answered our prayers for a healthier winter!

We have friends and friends of friends who have very sick family members. Whether it is a sick baby or a sick parent, it is sad to watch and we are fervently praying to the Great Healer on their behalf.

I received my printed blog book for 2011 a couple of weeks ago and it reminded me again why I love to blog. It also is such evidence of God's hand moving and working in our family. The best posts are the ones where you can see God answered a prayer. I would be ungrateful not to acknowledge what He has done on our behalf again and again!

1 comment:

cmjj said...

That is wonderful!!! Winter can be an awful time with sick kids, I am glad the Lord has touched your family.....and.....I can't wait to see you all in less than a month!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed