Monday, February 13, 2012

Stitches!

Carley fell on a 2 inch bolt at church on Sunday and it went into her knee. Cody and I (and Corey) immediately took her to the ER with a quick stop at the first aid station at church for Cody to do a pressure wrap first. We got there and they took her back immediately. Luckily it missed her tendons and she just needed stitches. Poor girl was HURTING! So far she is doing well as long as I keep the Motrin and other medicine coming! She just has to avoid PE and dance for 2 weeks. Luckily today was a snow day so I have been able to keep her home with me and keep her off of it. Sweet girl!
Before stitches. Still bleeding. This picture does not do it justice.


After stitches. Much better.

The next day. You can see some bruising but seems to be on track to heal well!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Bless it! We just had our first staples experience. Chloe busted her head and had to get a couple staples, which seriously comes from a staple gun, only used by a doctor. Budunk-budunk. I was like, holycow, you just staple gunned her head. And they seriously just used staple removers when it was time to take them out. Apparently their staples are made out of solid gold though, because they were about $400 bucks each...

The Speck family said...

Oh Ashley, that looks SO PAINFUL....how awesome that your husband knows how to handle emergencies :). I hope it heals quickly and she is feeling better soon.

Heather said...

Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed