Thursday, May 28, 2015

I am a Reader

I don't talk about myself as much as I used to when I blogged.  I think the kids are much more interesting than I am and for sure they are more adorable.

But one thing my kids both know about me is that I am a reader.  I reader several books a week if I am on my game.  It is my favorite past time.    Growing up, Alyssa was always the reader and I climbed trees.   I really felt that way for a long time.   In 2000, I graduated college and my New Year's resolution was to read a book a month for pleasure.  It is a New Year's Resolution I never broke and continue to follow.   Some weeks I read 3 novels.   Some weeks it is only several chapters, but I am always reading.  

I hope these books are with you guys when you are grown.  So if you are reading this when you are older, I want to remind you to read.   There really is nothing as wonderful, magical, eye opening, inspiring, or even a better way to procrastinate.   Readers are Leaders.  Be a reader.  

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed