Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Reasons this has been a good week

This has been a really good week for the Nelson family. We have so much to be thankful for each day. As we continue to pray for sweet baby Bennett and his family, I am so encouraged to see how many friends and family we all have out there in the world. It is amazing how comforting it is to see other people being prayed for each day, hour, and minute in difficult time. Blessed Be the Name of the Lord.

Here are some other (not as important) reasons that this is a good week:

1. We told our staff they could wear jeans, t-shirts, and tennis shoes all week. The first week of school is always so hard on everyone's feet. You can't imagine the morale boost this has been this week. I have loved wearing tennis shoes all week and it has been so fun to see our teachers so happy! :)

2. I got a new office over the summer. This one is literally a corner office with a window and it is so nice. I feel like I still get to see the beautiful days and with the sun shining in each morning.

3. Carley can sing (sort of) "This is the Day". It is precious to hear her sing scriptures. I just love it.

4. A good friend of mine who has been trying to get pregnant for about 5 years found out this week she is having twins! PRAISE THE LORD! She is so excited. Once again, God has answered a prayer of longing for this sweet couple.

5. My sister is closing on the sell of her house and the purchase of their new home. This has been something that they have wanted for a long time. The best part for me is that Lauren and Camryn are here for the week. Carley is loving her cousin time and I am eating up my "aunt" time. They are the sweetest girls. Tonight they are coming over to my house while Cody is at the station for a girl's night. We are going to play in the sprinkler and eat pizza. No boys allowed.

6. On the same note, since they are here we are eating dinner with my parents each night. It is so nice not to have to cook, but to still have those meals for your family. I am so thankful for my parents. They still look after me in so many ways.

7. This is the part of the Dawson's Creek reruns where Joey and Pacey get together. These are my favorite episodes so I DVR them on TBS and watch them after Carley goes to bed. Ah, young teenage love.

8. I have been a sneaky matchmaker lately for two friends of mine with two other people. So far it is working out good. I love to meddle a little bit! :)

9. Another one of my good friends bought a house on our street. Her kids are a little older than Carley, but it will be fun to be around. That is two people in my wedding with in a block of me! Fun times!

10. My best friend from elementary school, Marcy, called me last night with some exciting news for their family. Her husband Chris, who I grew up with too, is a wonderful singer. He signed a 10 month contract yesterday to sing on Broadway (in NYC) in the Phantom of the Opera! He moved from Lubbock this week and she and her kids move at the end of the semester. Can you imagine being a Broadway star? I am so happy for them.

Anyway, it feels like last week I couldn't find much joy. It was an exhausting and slow week. This week I really tried to look for great things. What good is going on for you this week?

7 comments:

kunami10 said...

Ok - so you posted at 1:46 pm...how did you manage that at school? The last time I checked, blogger was blocked.
Sounds like it has been a good week for you...can you pass some of that good luck our way? :-)
Thanks again for taking care of Ty this morning.

Tiffany said...

I got to talk to you on the phone. That was good!

Tiffany said...

Seriously, I have to plan a trip to NYC to see Chris in his show...that would cross two things off my list of things I want to do...go to NYC and see Phantom of the Opera.

Anonymous said...

I survived teaching my first college class! :) It was great!

Kelli said...

I am so happy to have found another person who records trashy TV! I am totally addicted. So fun!!!

Amy said...

I'm glad it was a good week! Thanks for the heads-up on the Creek. I've got my DVR set!

Melody Forest McKee said...

It was good to see you, Cody and Carley yesterday!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed