Friday, September 07, 2007

"Chillin" over the Labor Day Weekend


Labor Day Weekend - Yeah, it was a week ago and I am just now posting. That is how we roll at the Nelson Home these days. Anyway, we had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. On Saturday we did some serious shopping. We bought a new camera which we love. It came out last weekend so it is super brand new and has the fastest shutter speed of the small cameras and the biggest LCD screen. It is also touch screen. Anyway, we love it and got a great deal on it thanks to our Best Buy Reward Zone bucks. Also, I bought the cutest pink case for it for my purse.

Then we went to Home Depot and bought a freezer. We felt like a real family with a freezer in the garage. As you can see from the picture, we needed it to have room for the frozen food we keep for Carley (Quesadillas, Mini Corn Dogs, Chicken Nuggets, etc) for her lunch. It is great.

On the bottom shelf you can see our first ever batch of homemade ice cream. It was strawberry and delicious. Here is a picture of Cody and Carley sharing a bowl. It was a hit.

On the topic of frozen foods, have you tried the frozen cheese ravioli? The brand we buy is called Rosita and it is in the freezer section of United, Walmart, and Sams. It is our new favorite quick dinner. The ravioli are big and round like you get a Olive Garden and they are SO good. Plus they are ready in 5-7 minutes. It is even easier than spaghetti and Carley loves them too. You should try them.

During Labor Day weekend we got to have a visit from tow of my favorite people, Mark and Tara Rich. Of course I had my new camera and forgot to take a picture. Nice. And we spent lots of time with Pop and Nana (my parents). Once again, no pictures. Nice. So even if you buy a camera that fits in your purse, you still have to take it out of your purse to take pictures. That is my wisdom for today.

Please continue to pray for Bennett Speck and his precious parents. They need your prayers and encouragement.

10 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad you posted about your camera but now I'm jealous! What is that, "don't covet" thing? I want one. I'll have to check it out! If you need someone to sample you're ice cream I'm up for the challenge!

Jennifer K said...

I want to see your camera! We are looking for one...Jonathan fell on ours camping! It broke! :) I am also up for sampling your ice cream. I will even walk to your house!

summer said...

We're heading your way in a couple weeks! Did your phone # change with the move? We'd love to see you!

Caroline said...

Thanks for the tip on the ravioli- I'm always looking for new things for Caroline. I'm going to get some today. Love the new camera! I haven't forgot about walking, but I broke a couple of toes. I can't get my foot in a shoe right now. Hopefully soon!

Unknown said...

I am jealous of your deep freeze! I want one of those SO badly. Our freezer is always packed full! You don't know how glad it makes me to see that Carley's lunchtime options are similar to Jackson's. I seem to live around a whole lot of people who only feed their children organic foods, no sugar, nothing fried, etc., so I sometimes feel a bit guilty about Jackson's diet; however, if he didn't eat chicken nuggets and the like, that child would literally starve! Glad to see that he are Carley share many of the same food likes! Oh, and I want some ice cream, too. I wish Lubbock were closer!

Allison said...

1. That camera looks great. I am jealous!
2. So does the freezer. We need one!
3. And I could go for some of your ice cream!!!

kunami10 said...

You crack me up...that's all I have to say about that. Between "nice" and your "lovely" email today, I'm just laughing. At least it's not just me! :-)

Nicole said...

OK. I'll try those ravioli! I love anything easy and yummy!! Evan's mom told me that you said hi!!! It made my day! :)

Lisa Renee said...

Too fun. Having extra freezer space is great especially when there is a sale on meat or something you use a lot and can stock up! I have LOVED ours. We do a 'casserole' food exchange every three months and its all freezabel stuff. Saves lots of mula and time! Have fun with your new camera!

Julie said...

I did meet your sister and niece (who is so cute!!!) And your sister looks SOOOO much like you.

I hope that Camryn and Ryan can become buds!!! Tell your sister if she ever needs anything just to let me know!

Don't you go ruinin my reputation now with old stories... ; )

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed