Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Perfect Day

Today was a perfect day. My idea of a perfect day has changed so much in the past 20 months since Carley rocked our world. I just wanted to document today to remind myself how simple things are really what matters.

1. Carley slept past 7:00 am
2. We ate breakfast with my parents.
3. Cody was off all day.
4. We went to the mall and just walked around and looked at stuff. We let Carley run around my the fountain and she thought it was the coolest thing. It was so great to be at the mall without an agenda and without spending money. Here she is laughing at the fountain.
5. We went to the park and played, played, played.
6. Carley (and me) took a two and a half our nap.
7. We went to Coyote Candle Company and KidSpace just to walk around and have fun.
8. Cody and Carley went with me to the grocery store. Most of the time I go alone. Today it was fun to joke around with Cody the whole time.
9. I cooked a new casserole from my new Kraft Foods magazine. (It was the one with chicken, veggies, and Stove Top)
10. Carley peed in her new Dora potty TWICE today!
11. We had a family tea party.
12. Carley and Cody had a movie date while they watched Finding Nemo. It lasted about 5 minutes, but Carley thought it was so fun.
13. Cody did all the dishes today.
14. Carley said "Love You Momma" really clearly before she went to sleep.
15. I got a precious picture in the mail that my niece Lauren drew of her visit to my house a couple of weeks ago. It is so sweet and cute.
16. Cody and I both in our pjs at 8:15 and are about to watch a movie then go to sleep.

Here are some pictures from today.

14 comments:

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

What a great day! Glad you enjoyed it! Carley is so darn cute and it looks like you're lovin your new camera!

Nicole said...

Yep, sounds like a perfect day to me. ESPECIALLY the going in the potty twice! THAT is awesome. I loved the pictures. She is precious!

Kelli said...

Absolutely precious! Definitely sounds like the perfect day! Your little girl is so cute, I loved all the pictures!

Caroline said...

Sounds like a great day! Carley is darling!

*Kendra* said...

Glad yall had a great day! I love days like that!!!! Carley is sooo precious and getting so big!

Lisa Renee said...

Oh Ashley, that IS a good day! Its so nice to revel in things like that and you will be glad you documented later. I think a lot of times in the midst of those sweet moments that I hope I don't forget how it felt and those are the ones I always want to remember, even more than milestone moments I think! I LOVE that picture of Carly peeking through the woodslats and of your feet togeher, precious!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!! Wow - I can't believe that Carley has used the big-girl potty!! What a big girl!!

Alyssa said...

What a little cutie! I love the pictures... so glad you guys had such a good day. Give "Sissa's girl" a kiss for me!

Amy said...

Sounds awesome! I'm jealous!

Phillips Family said...

Sounds wonderful!!!

Is Carley available for potty training lessons?

Allison said...

That was a perfect day!!!

angie c said...

She is just too adorable. I love the pictures at the park. Don't you wish every day could be like that?!?

Jennifer K said...

I can't believe how big she is getting! I am looking forward to tomorrow! If it's too hot we can walk around inside!

Sara said...

What a sweet perfect day! I'm so happy that you guys had a peaceful, calm day. Have a good one hopefully again soon!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed