Saturday, November 17, 2007

So much to be thanful for

It is sad that it takes a holiday to make us sit down and really acknowledge what we are thankful for each year. It truly is the moments that we experience each day that bring us the most peace and joy I believe.

I am not listing specific people on this list because those are too easy to think of and the list can get really long. Instead, here is a list of things that I am most thankful for:

1. I am thankful for happy and healthy families.
2. I am thankful for the freedom to worship and openly practice religion in our country.
3. I am thankful for disposable diapers.
4. I am thankful for all the potty training books and tips out there in the world.
5. I am thankful for prayerful and faithful friends.
6. I am thankful for seasons and changing weather.
7. I am thankful for successful and healthy pregnancies.
8. I am thankful for indoor plumbing and heating/AC units.
9. I am thankful for the kitchen gadgets that help me survive every day.
10. I am thankful for pillow top mattresses.
11. I am thankful for direct deposit checks and ATMs.
12. I am thankful for digital cameras.
13. I am thankful for the drive-in.
14. I am thankful for miracle children who are so much healthier than we had ever dreamed possible.
15. I am thankful for puppies and all household animals who are like family.
16. I am thankful for volunteers.
17. I am thankful for tv shows. I am know it sounds petty, but I really am.
18. I am thankful for parks, slides, swings, and swimming pools.
19. I am thankful for strong public and private schools.
20. I am thankful for voice mails from people under the age of 10.
21. I am thankful for voice mails from old friends.
22. I am thankful for grandparents who stay involved in their grandkids lives.
23. I am thankful for books that make the Bible alive to me in new ways.
24. I am thankful for people that forgive and always show patience.
25. I am thankful for bloggers and blogspot.com.

Happy Thanksgiving.

8 comments:

Caroline said...

Great list. We have so much to be thankful for. I'm thankful for a sweet friend like you!

Lisa Renee said...

Amen sista! I am thankful for your blog so I can know what is going on in your life! Your awesome and fun spirit shine through it and I can just hear your voice and your laugh as I read! Hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family.

Kelli said...

Absolutely precious! I agree with all of it. :) Have a great holiday, maybe we can get together in Lubbock! :)

Mauri said...

I am thankful for you! It really is overwhelming when we take time to reflect on everything we have to be thankful for!

Amy said...

I'm not showing Charlie that picture! We're thankful for the Nelsons!

Allison said...

Great list!! We do have so much to be thankful for!!

I want more info on those potty training books you are reading bc I have NO CLUE where to start in this whole potty training thing!

Unknown said...

I really appreciated your list. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. I will be thankful for the day when we can get together again! Love you!

Lasiter Family said...

That was a great list. You realized your daughter will kill you one day for that picture!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed