Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, baby boy!

COREY WAYNE- How on earth are you 2? I am even two days late in writing this because I am just in denial about it!

Here is a little bit about Corey at 2. You always do things before I am ready for you to do it. You are independent and strong minded. You gave up your high chair, your paci, and your frog stuffed animal and you started potty training, trying to give up your sippy cup, and not letting me carry you around WAY before it was time. You love to pray, you love to talk on the phone, see friends, go in the car, rock, and RUN. Your favorite shows are the Wiggles, Barney, Mickey Mouse, Signing Time, and Curious George. You like any ball and car you can find. You turn everything into a drum stick. You have m0re bruises than any child I know, and you are the happiest kid I know. You spell your name, count to ten, know your shapes and colors, and are the most verbal boy I have ever met. I am so surprised since you have had two sets of tubes, but that is just how you are. You don't sit still for a minute, but you still manage to take things in. You also love your family. Several times a day you ask for Mommy, Daddy, Carley, Ali, Nana, Papa, Lolo, Cami, and Addison. You also love all of the Spanns and love to go play with them and ask to see Grammy especially.

Corey, you are teaching me so much about God's timing and letting go. Nothing about you came in the time I planned and nothing you do comes at the time I want it to. We prayed for you and loved you long before you were ever growing inside of me and now that you are here, you are full of surprises and moving time lines on your own. You are a joy. I pray that your zest for life and all things in it continues to carry into a zest for knowing God. Corey, God loves you so very much. He has big plans for you. You have already changed our lives and I know you will change many more.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed