Monday, October 31, 2005

10 random thoughts and comments

I don't have anything exciting to say today. Just a typical Monday. Here are some thoughts that I am having as of today.

1. This weekend we went on a retreat with our class. It was completely awesome. (thanks April for all the planning. You are awesome.) It really uplifted Cody and me and gave us a lot to think about and pray about for our marriage. I will post pictures really soon.

2. Grey's Anatomy is such a good show. You should watch it. Last night's episode was really sad because of this love triangle and then this character who had to die. Alyssa called who Dr. Shepard would choose, but I foolishly held out hope to the end. I love TV.

3. I cannot believe today is the last day of October and November is tomorrow. What is up with that? When did time start flying by so quickly.

4. I am congested. I guess the campfire did me in a little. I have started coughing up drainage. I hate that feeling. It is even a little worse because Carley prevents me from taking much medicine.

5. Today my new Bellybra arrived. It is an all in one maternity support belt/maternity bra. It is something hilarious to see. I will add a pict. just to make you grin. We will see how it goes. Aren't you jealous?

6. I got the cutest pictures of my niece, Lauren, in the mail. People, if you do not have a niece or a nephew, you have got to get one. They are the bomb.

7. I got to share a room with Amy B. on the retreat and see her sleep apnea mask up close. It is all you think it might be and more. She was a great roommate and her mask adds a lot of character to her. The Bowmans are moving across town so we won't be 5 houses away anymore. I don't like it one bit.

8. Shanta and Ken drove in from Dallas for the retreat. I love, love, LOVE them. The received some horrible directions from the website of the camp which caused them lots of frustration getting there, but they were troopers and kept a great attitude. They are so wonderful and it was such a retreat to see them.

9. This is the first year in a long time I have not dressed up for Halloween. Am I old?

10. I wish the Mayo's would move to Lubbock.

That's it, folks. Have a good evening. Trick or Treat.

11 comments:

Shanta said...

I like your random thoughts. Your random thoughts generally have me lauging our loud. I liked the way you had the room eating out of your hand at the retreat as you told "cody stories." Classic Ashley! I had a wonderful time with you this weekend! It's great to see little Carley coming along! I hope you feel better asap.

Kristen OQ said...

Okay, Gray's Anatomy was SO GOOD last night. I think I must have talked to Alyssa like 4 times during the show (almost every commercial). I was so hoping Cute Doc and Meredith would end up together too and I was BAWLING about the girl that died. It is my new fav show on tv right now.

April Carrasco said...

The pictures are always the best to illustrate your new equipment. Great thoughts! We had a great weekend!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

This weekend was great, I agree. I, too, am amazed that tomorrow is the 1st of November! And yes, I am WAY jealous of the Bellybra! I love your random comments.

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Oh, and what's up with you not having a link to my blog on yours...

Jennifer K said...

I LOVE Grey's Anatomy. Of course it lead to another 60 minutes of me crying. I really need to get this undercontrol!

leslie said...

Hey! I would LOVE to move to Lubbock. I'm not the one you have to convince!

I had no idea all of you people watched Grey's Anatomy! I bawled my eyes out at this weeks episode. Surely cute doc will not stay with his wife. I mean, that is what he should do, morally - but i love meredith!!

And i'm mad that the sweet girl had to die. that's just not right.

Ashley said...

Everyone should watch Gray's Anatomy. It really is the best!

Allyson, check my links now! Sorry, friend!

Since so many of you love the bellybra, you can borrow it for your own pleasure after January. (or December)

Anonymous said...

I want to borrow the bellybra for my wedding. I'm sending my bustier back.

Amy said...

I LOVE GREY'S ANATOMY! Yes, very heartbreaking this week. Apparantly the girls modeling the belly bra feel a lot sexier in it than you do. I guess they don't understand what you're complaining about!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Ashley,

I have been catching up on blog-reading from the last couple of weeks (been inda crazy around our house) and I have been cracking up at yours! You just have the blogging gift, let me tell ya. I love the belly belt too...sure did get the benefit of using one of those with my Carlie too!!

Isn't pregnancy full of the perfect "blogging" kind of stories?!!

I can't wait to meet your precious girl. Hope to see you guys soon!

Chelsea

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed