Tuesday, October 25, 2005

not the lingerie you were expecting


I would like to introduce you to the newest surprise of pregnancy for me. Meet the Maternity Support Belt. Here it is worn by a lovely Motherhood model. This band of 3 huge velcro straps and large elastic band can be purchased for a mere $15.00. I know you will want to add it to your Christmas list. Here are some reasons your doctor might require this to be worn at all times during your pregnancy:
  1. You start having severe cervical pains because of the stretching your pelvis is undergoing.
  2. Your baby is trying to wiggle her way into the birth canal when she is only 29 1/2 weeks along.
  3. You have done too much walking, standing, presenting, and your body is saying, "Hey, this kid is getting heavy".
  4. Your child very well could be large.
  5. The only position you are comfortable in is a squat.
  6. If you don't do something, bed rest could be in your future.
  7. Your friends at bible study pray for "domino".
  8. All of the above

Yep, folks, #8, meet my new handy man back support maternity accessory. I know you are jealous. You now know what to ask Santa for when you sit on his lap. :)

9 comments:

Amy said...

Oh wow--that's really sexy! Pairing that with the maternity underwear and nursing bra must drive Cody into a frenzy! Just wait until your legs start swelling and you have to wear support hose too!

Anonymous said...

Isn't sitting on Santa's lap what got you into this mess in the first place?

Jennifer K said...

That is great!! It looks like a weight lifting belt. I am sure Cody wants to borrow it.

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Oh my! That is too sexy.

Unknown said...

Wow, I learn something new every day........I have NEVER seen one of those! I'm so glad someone invented that- it makes total sense! Have a great day, and get plenty of rest while you still can......

Shanta said...

Oh, I love it! Make sure and bring that on retreat. That will go great with my costume.. Seriously though- take it easy sister! We want happy and healthy mommy and Carley!

Ashley said...

Shanty- We aren't doing a costume contest on the retreat this year. We have speakers and they wanted more time. You are definitely welcome to wear a costume, but I just thought I would give you a head's up.

Alyssa said...

I love the belt... hopefully it will help Carlie at least stay in your tummy until Christmas.

Here's my new prediciton due date. 12/22....

Anonymous said...

Ashley,

I am so excited I found your blog! And a late congratulations to you and Cody on the baby! You are going to be a fabulous mom! I became one myself in June and love it. You can see pictures of our little guy at www.thefuquas.org. I'll have to go back and read your posts when I don't have a baby on my lap trying to grab the mouse and keyboard. Love you!

Summer

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed