Monday, November 14, 2005

Showered with Love

What a crazy few days this has been. Last week was wonderful and so was this weekend. Here are a few highlights.

  • Tuesday- my sister and my niece came in town. We ate at Rosas that night where we started telling old stories. Alyssa and I were laughing so hard. She started crying and I got sick. It was hilarious. We think we are too funny.
  • Wednesday- Lauren told me I was her best friend and she pointed out that all of my shirts are Uncle Coco's and not mine. (none of my sweatshirts fit over Carley)
  • Thursday- Baby Shower at school. SO fun. People were so sweet and it is just such an honor that people want to do stuff like that for you.
  • Friday- Home Cookin at my parents' house. My brother-in-law drove in. It was so great to have my fam together.
  • Saturday- Shopping for a new Christmas tree for my parent's house. My dad wanted a 12 footer, but Alyssa and I talked him down to a 10. It was hilarious. Cody and I took the best nap on Saturday. What is it about napping at the house you grew up? They are just the best. Saturday night we saw some of our favorite people. Shanta and Ken flew in from Big D and they ate at Lujans with Amy (poor Dr. B was a work) and us. It was a blast. I love those folks.
  • Sunday- Great class, great worship service and then I had another shower that afternoon. It was so great. Lots of my friends came which made it very special. I feel so honored and loved. I have the BEST friends in the world. We all know that being a hostess for a shower can be a pain and my girls took it in stride. I love them! That night I started unpacking Carley's new clothes while watching my favorite shows. Even my engaged friend, Tiff, stopped in for a visit! WHAT FUN!

WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND!! I just wish I wasn't about to head to school....

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

April Carrasco said...

I am so glad you had such a great weekend. What fun little girl stuff you got yesterday.

Shanta said...

We want pictures of all the loot!You were so beautiful and all-a-glow yesterday...we had a lot of fun!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Girl, you hit the JACKPOT! Carley will be the best dressed newborn around. Glad your weekend was fun.

Unknown said...

Please post pics of your goodies! So glad that you had a great weekend.......you completely deserve to be honored and loved on!

Unknown said...

It sounds like a great weekend! After Carley is born, the clothes will just keep on coming! By the way, I am so jealous...little girl clothes are the cutest.

Alyssa said...

What a great weekend.... I am so glad that everything went so well. I always love hanging out in Lubbock with you and Coco.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed