Tuesday, November 08, 2005

True Tales that My Family Loves Mexican Food Too Much

These are true tales that recently made me laugh that made me realize just how much my Family loves Mexican Food.

1. We named one of our puppies, Queso.

2. In a previous entry that involved my last meal, 83 % of the list involved Mexican Food. (Amen to Taco Bueno and Taco Villa)

3. The meal I just ate makes the 4th supper out of 7 that falls under the "South of the Border" heading.

4. My niece, Lauren, asked if she could come to Taco Tuesday the other day on the phone. (Taco Tuesday at Rosa's is the weekly date for my parents, Cody, and I.) Keep in mind that Lauren just turned 2 and does not have a Rosa's in Dallas, but fell in love with Taco Tuesday so much she remembered it from 2 months ago!

5. I have more cans of rotel in my cabinet than any other type of food.

6. The last 3 meals I have cooked are some type of Mexican casserole.

7. Growing up, all of the waiters, waitresses, and managers of El Chico knew everyone in my family's names and when our birthday was because we were there so often.

What is it about Mexican food that makes us all so happy. You know you love it too. The question is why? It messes with your stomach more than any other type of food, sometimes leaves lingering effects into the next day, causes bad breath, and is full of things that are bad for you. Why is it so addicting? Ponder this over some chips and salsa and let me know.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Ashley, I wish I knew why Mexican food is so addicting! Boone and I ate Rosa's tonight, and I want Mexican food all the time, which is sad because if I continue to consume this food at such a rapid pace, I will never lose all this baby weight that Jackson made me gain!!! On a different note, I decided I was going to try to blog, so you need to check it out when you have time in your busy life as it was your blog that inspired me!!!
Love ya! Kate (Barclay) Martin

leslie said...

I can't explain it. Girl. It's just g-o-o-d. That's all there is to it.
We will be in town next weekend - maybe we could go to dinner with ya'll and the Bowman's and the Kings and whoever else we know! A big partay!

Unknown said...

My mouth is watering! We have zero GOOD mexican places here- oh how I long for Taco Bueno, Abuelos and El Chico......please eat some more queso for me this week!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

I love Mexican food year round, but there is something about eating it in the winter that makes it even better! All those spices just warm me right up. I'm with you, I don't know why we love it so much, but I eat it ATLEAST twice a week!

Shanta said...

Hola! Me quiero nachos. I love it too Ash. You speak such wisdom! Ken and I are flying into LBB on Saturday night- can we all get together for some Lujuans fajitas???- Mayo's too?

Amy said...

Ahhh...Tex Mex! It's not like anything else. Give me some limes & cilantro to throw on whatever they shove in front of me and I'm in heaven! Andy & I had our rehearsal dinner at a Mexican restaurant--it wasn't even a question! We went straight to the same place the minute we got back from our London trip--we were homesick for queso!

Jennifer K said...

We eat Mexicand food multiple times a week! Taco Tuesday is a family regular. We are in for the weekend! Let us know where we are going! :)

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashley said...

My brother in law and sister are coming in town so we will have a big family weekend. Let me know what you guys decide to do and Cody and I will try to slip away for a bit and join in. It is a crazy weekend with both of our families here. BUT, I can not believe the Murrays are actually coming. I am so thrilled!! I can not wait to see everyone!

leslie said...

Saturday night partay!! Lujuans fo sho. Ash - you've got to break away for just a little bit - and bring Lauren for Kaitlyn to see! :)
I know it's hard with all the fam - but we would love to see everyone while we are there!

Jennifer K said...

This Saturday or next Saturday? I am confused! I thought Ashley's family was in town this weekend and Leslie was coming to the wedding next weekend...

melissa deaver said...

I think I'm the only one who is not a huge fan of Mexican food. . .

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed