Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Best Things About Maternity Leave

I am now officially on maternity leave. Here are my favorite things about it so far:

1- It is 3:15 and I am still in pjs.
2- I am all caught up on Days of Our Lives.
3- Since Carley is up for a feeding in the middle of the night I have fallen back in love with "Who's the Boss?" It is on at 3:30 am on Nick at Night if you are interested.
4- No alarm clocks
5- A common misconception is that maternity leave is paid. This is normally not true. The law requires your employer to hold the job for you and not punish you, but they do not have to pay you your salary. Luckily I had enough "free days" to take off without being docked. At least Frenship only docks people $50.00 a day, other districts dock you your pay which is much more than that.
6- Disability insurance- I have filed Disability and I am getting reimbursed for the days I am not getting docked for...in other words, I am beating the system! :) LOVE IT!
7- Longer than 20 minutes for lunch.
8- Playing with Carley, feeding Carley, staring at Carley.

Carley is awesome. I can't believe she will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. I will post some new pictures soon! I love this kid!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It just keeps gettin' better!!

Have an absolute blast!

Phillips Family said...

Ashley--
I often read your blog, but never post anything. Tobe's grandparents have kept us all up-to-date on your pregnancy. I had a baby five months ago and became totally ADDICTED to Nick at Night television during nightime feedings. I knew that station"s schedule so well, that when Isaac would cry out to eat, I would roll over and look at the clock, thinking, "Oh 3:00am, it's time for Cosby Show."
Your little one is quite precious--keep cherishing these special times!
Lynley (Baker) Phillips

leslie said...

We need some new pics really soon!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed