Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I have to brag on Cody...

For those of you in cyber land who know my husband, you have no doubt how great a dad he already is and how lucky Carley is to have him. He is just so sweet and gentle. One of the biggest things to give me peace in my journey into motherhood is that I have Cody as her father and my partner. He is so AWESOME already.

I have to tell you one thing he did that blew me away in the hospital. Cody sent us flowers. He sent me an absolutely gorgeous bouquet of lilies and roses to the hospital. The flowers were beautiful and such a surprise. After surgery a girl does not necessarily feel like a beauty queen, but those flowers made me feel so special. It was so sweet.

The sweetest part of all was that he sent Carley a long stem red rose as well. He told her that he wanted her first rose to be from her Daddy so she knew how special she was. Even as I type this is makes me cry. He is so sweet to her. Last night was their first night a part. He went to the fire station and she did not sleep good. She is so used to falling asleep on his chest or being rocked and sung to by him. I could tell she missed him. I cannot tell you how great of a father he already is and how lucky Carley is to be his daughter.

I attached some pictures of the flowers so you could see how lucky we Nelson girls are.

13 comments:

Alyssa said...

That Cody is such a sweetie! Cody and Carley are so cute together.. especially since she looks so much like him!

Shanta said...

Go Cody! What a good hubby! Soak it up dear- you deserve it all after surgery!!! We love you guys so much and can't wait to meet your new rose.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I never commnet on blogs... it's just not my thing. However, I have to give props to my boy Cody! First, I am not surprised one bit, he is a fantastic guy, already a great Dad, and to top it he's a Yankee Fan! I'm proud of him and I wish his family a lifetime of blessings, they deserve it! Nice write up Ashley girl!

April Carrasco said...

Such a sweet daddy! It makes a world of difference when you have a good daddy to help out. As for Carley looking like Cody, I wouldn't know what that is like to have a daughter look just like her dad. It's great. I am so happy for y'all. Get some rest today.

Unknown said...

Wow, that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard.....you guys are awesome.

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Okay...I'm bawling now! And my boss just walked by and told me that she was leaving and caught me crying!! Cody is too freakin' sweet. Your little angel is very lucky! :-)

Anonymous said...

So sweet! (I caught your blog from Summer's sight.) Congratulations on your new little one!! What a blessing!

Sam said...

Congrats on your new baby! Always good to hear from you on my blog. I always enjoy reading yours.

mcjacobsjournal said...

Ashley, you sure do have a keeper in Cody!! The single rose to his baby girl is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. There is something so special about a daddy and his girl (as we both know!). I'm so glad to hear that all is going so well. That little girl is just too cute!!

Katie said...

I know that this is the first of many times that Carley will be confident that she is loved, treasured and adored by her daddy. Cherish these moments!

Amy said...

Who would've known on that fateful day at the gas station that you'd be here? God is good! I love y'all!

Jennifer K said...

Cody is awesome. Did he think that up on his own? Major props. Jonathan will be calling him one day for advice! I hope he will give him lessons! :)

Erica said...

Congratulations on you precious baby girl! They are truly the best. Cary also sent me flowers in the hospital and for both of the girls he sent roses too with a similiar note. I thought it was the best thing ever and still do. Sounds like you have an awesome husband...of course he has an awesome wife too. Enjoy the many blessings that Carley will bring your way.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed