Saturday, January 21, 2006

My "Mom" moment

This past week Carley had an upset stomach for a couple of days. It was so sad to see a little newborn not feeling good. She is so precious and it kills to see her hurting and sad and not be able to help her. She was pretty fussy on Wed. And Thurs. And it was really hard and super sad. All she wanted was to be held. She couldn't close enough to me. The part that really hit me was that she wanted me. Just like I want my mom when I don't feel good or I want my mom to tell me it all going to be okay, Carley wanted me. I realized that I am her mom and she knows that. You guys in cyberland know my quirks, my strengths, and my weaknesses. You know what I struggle with and what gifts I have. You know my personality. Carley sees none of that. She knows I am her mom and that is enough to make her feel somewhat comforted. I tell ya, clean slates can really inspire you to try and be a better person and really pray that your faults are not passed on to the next generation. It was great to be seen with a clean slate and to be loved by MY daughter, this precious little girl with a mohawk.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...so sweet! When are you going to post more pictures?! :)

Erica said...

There really is nothing like a Mom especially when you are sick. Then there is nothing like holding your sweet baby next to you and just telling her everything will be okay becasue Mama is there. Carley is a lucky little girl becasue it sounds like you are doing a great job! Sickness is so hard and it does not get any easier on your heart with the second one either. Carley really is as beautiful as Alyssa says. Keep those cute pictures coming!

Alyssa said...

That is a really sweet post, ashley. I know that you are doing a great job as a mom, and I promise not to tell Carley what a nut you are. She is so lucky to have you!!!

Jennifer K said...

She is lucky to have you! I know you make the best mom!

Unknown said...

Carley is very lucky to have you as a mommy! I know exactly what you mean about wanting to be a better person for her. I feel the same way. Isn't it amazing what parenting can teach you? You and I have only been at it for a short amount of time, but I feel like I have already learned a lifetime worth of lessons from my little man!

How are you feeling these days what with the C-section and all?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed