Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Chick Flick in book form


One of my favorite people at my job at the junior high is the librarian. Mrs. Hall is awesome and has a love for chick flicks like I do. She has 2 daughters that are in college and they are always seeing the latest films. One day I was in an 8th grade reading class where the teacher was reading to the class from a book called Flipped. I realized it has been a long time since I read a book for sheer pleasure and fun. I went in one day asked for a good book. Just a good entertaining book that was a great read. She recommended a book that she called, "A perfect chick flick in book form" and she was right. She introduced me to Meg Cabot. (some of you may know her because she wrote the book The Princess Diaries. Mrs. Hall recommended The Boy Next Door and I was hooked. It is a great book that is a fast read. The whole book is in the form of emails, recipes, faxes, receipts, answering messages and other various forms of communication. She then gave me Boy Meets Girl which is just as awesome and written in the same form. I bought them for my sister and she got hooked as well. Alyssa bought a couple of others and let me borrow them. This past week, she lent me Size 12 Is Not Fat. It is so good. It is the story of a former teen pop star who ends up as an assistant dorm director and tries to solve a murder that happens in her building. She is the kind of character we can all relate to in so many ways. She is hilarious and has a crush on her exboyfriend's older brother. It is a fast and entertaining read. (It is in the normal prose form.)
You need to get one of these books. It would be perfect reading for a cruise, a plane trip, a relaxation tool at the end of the day, or just any time. You must read them! Any of the 3 are wonderful.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation Ash! You will have to let me borrow some for the cruise! :)

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Thanks for the suggestions! I am going to the library before I leave next week for Birmingham to check out some of her books. How exciting!

Ashley said...

Target has "Size 12 Is not Fat" for 20 % off right now because it is a best seller. It is only like $10.00. GET IT!

Shanta said...

I am still getting over the fact that you managed to blog about something not even remotely related to the NEWBORN baby in your house! WOW. I am glad you are back to pleasure reading. Mine is your blog. Now, go ahead and don't be shy to post more pics of Carley please.

Alyssa said...

Thanks for introducing me to Meg Cabot. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her books! She is now one of my favorite authors too- i am always so sad when her books end!

Unknown said...

I have recently gotten back into reading for fun and am always looking for new books. I am going to have to try Meg Cabot out!

Kristen OQ said...

Alyssa has lent me all of the Meg Cabot books and I love them too! I think I am getting dibs on the new book once you are done ;)

Happy reading!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed