Thursday, February 16, 2006

Cody does it again

I am so lucky...

I had a great last few days of maternity leave. Monday I wore pjs all day and took a nap with Carley in my arms. Tuesday was Valentines Day. Since Cody worked that night, we did our date during the day. Carley went to my Mom's and Cody and I went to Harrigan's (the restaurant where we got engaged) and to a movie. Cody bought me a beautiful necklace and earrings. It was so great. Then came Wednesday.

Wednesday was my last day of maternity leave. Cody was at work so my mom had told me a couple of weeks ago that she wanted to go eat with me for lunch. When I woke up I called Cody and he told me that my mom and I weren't really going to lunch. He had asked her to keep Carley while he had planned for me to go to a SPA! I arrived and he had arranged for me to have an massage and a manicure on my last day of maternity leave! HE PLANNED IN ADVANCE and was so thoughtful. It was awesome and so sweet. For the first time in a long time I felt like me, not a hormone trying to get pregnant, not pregnant, not like a mom or a milk factory, just me. It was the perfect day!

Cody ROCKS! :) I love him so much!

P.S. I survived my first day of work. It was hard to leave her this morning, but the day went by quickly.

10 comments:

mcjacobsjournal said...

Okay, Cody gets husband of the year!!! Yot got such a sweetie! And, he planned IN ADVANCE?! I didn't even know guys did that!!

I'm so glad that he pampered you so well for such a big day. And, I'm very glad to hear that your day back to school went well. One day down!! :)

Phillips Family said...

WOW! Very impressive. Glad to hear that the first day back went well. One of my teacher friends with a baby believes that working helps her be a better teacher and a better mom--she is a better teacher because she now relates to the parents' point of view and she is a better mommy because she savors every minute with her baby girl!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome- you totally deserve it Ashley! I've been thinking about you as you go back to work.....and we have got to one day meet this amazing Cody man!

Sue said...

You're a lucky woman Smash.

Alyssa said...

Yea for Cody! What a great way to spend your last day of maternity leave... and I am so glad that your first day went well :)

Erica said...

You are a very lucky girl! What a thoughtful husband. I am glad your first day went well. It was so hard to leave Kaylee when I went back to work for a little while but the days went by pretty quickly. Glad you are doing well.

Amy said...

We went to Harrigan's too! Did you get fried zuccini & black magic cake? Cody rocks--seriously, can you get him to talk to Andy?

melissa deaver said...

What a guy!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that Cody pampered you! What a great husband! Isn't taking a nap with your baby in your arms the best? I still love it! Glad work went well for you!

Robby and Lynsey said...

what a sweatheart! you definitly have to keep him around. ;) How has work been? Is it still going by fast? i am glad that you are getting the best of all worlds!! Napping with Carley, feeling like YOU at the spa, working! You deserve it! i hope all continues to go so well for you!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed