Monday, April 03, 2006

5 Quirks


I saw this tag game on Carolyn T.'s blog and thought it looked fun. All of you have to do it! You list 5 quirky/weird/odd things about yourself. About 837 came to mind for me, but I am picking 5.

1. I clip coupons faithfully. I have my own coupon organizer that I take with me to the grocery store which divides coupons into categories. In fact, I love my coupon organizer so much that I scanned it for your viewing pleasure.

2. I am a huge fan of series finales. In fact, for several it will be the only episode of the show that I ever watch. There is just something about closure and good byes that get me every time! Here are some last episodes that I have on tape that are some of my favorites to watch over and over: Wonder Years, Another World, Family Ties, Dawson's Creek, 90210, Friends, MASH, and Mad About You.

3. I don't like to bathe and or shower. I know it is gross, I just don't like to take the time. Of course I do it, I just have to give myself a pep talk EVERY TIME before I do it. My favorite things to do on days off is to not shower or bathe. In fact, I know I couldn't be a stay at home mom because I know Cody would have to ask me how long it had been since I washed my hair, because I am not disciplined enough to do it if I know I am not going to see people.

4. I abhor cold cereal. There is something that grosses me out about puffy bread floating in milk. There is not one kind I like. Now, hot cereals, I could eat every meal, but cold cereal is disgusting to me. I have not had more than 5 bowls since I was like 13. They funny thing is, when people hear this, they always make suggestions of different types of cereal they like as if it will change my mind. I do not like cereal, Sam I Am.

5. I love Diet Big Red. It is my soft drink of choice. It is so sugary and sweet and marvelous. Not everyone appreciates Big Red like they should. If it has been awhile since you have tried it, go ahead and drink one. You won't be sorry. Plus, if you get the Diet Big Red, you won't even feel guilty for the calories.


Did you learn something new about me?

13 comments:

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

The bathing thing and coupons was not new, but the cereal and Big Red was. I have never known anyone not to like cold cereal!

Me said...

Ash... you kill me. There hasn't been a time I've read your blog and haven't laughed out loud at least once. It is like I can hear you talking! P.S. I have the same Coupon Organizer, but don't use it as faithfully as you do. :)

Sue said...

Okay, the Wonder Years finale is just about the best finale out there. I totally love it. Kevin and Winnie were such a good couple!

Anonymous said...

I did not know #2 or #5, what a good friend I am...The not bathing one DOES explain the incident with the tattoo markers, though!

Phillips Family said...

Big Red is a Lubbock thing. Tobe's family loves it--with the exception of all of us non-Lubbock people who were lucky enough to marry into the family. We currently have a 6 pack of the bubble gum flavored soda in the fridge.

Tobe did sample the new Big Red Float over Christmas, but said he will simply stick to the original!

Shanta said...

I think all of that was new to me. How is that? I too laughed out loud. You are too funny Ashley! Brooke introduced me to Big Red and I've been a fan for a while. I don't know about the diet version though... I'll take your word for it one of these days..I like elipses...

Carolyn said...

Love your list. But really Ashley, have you tried the Honey Graham Life cereal??? Kidding.

Alyssa said...

are you sure we came from the same womb??? since i LOVE cereal...can't stand big red..can't stand goodbyes....always lose coupons...and bathe everyday??

Unknown said...

I remember your hatred for bathing from an earlier blog, but I didn't know the other stuff! Unlike you, I hate hot cereal and could possibly eat cold cereal for every meal of the day. I need to start clipping coupons. Where did you get your handy dandy coupon organizer?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I wish I could borrow your season finale video.......that is so awesome you have them!

What I wouldn't give to see the Family Ties, Cosby Show, Different Strokes and Facts of Life finales!

Traci said...

Do you mind if I ask where you got that coupon book? I really need to use mine that are lying in the junk drawer!

Diet Big Red Rocks!!!

Ashley said...

I got the Coupon Organizer from Office Max. It was less than $10.00. Everyone needs one. Here are the categories: shopping list, receipts, baking, beverages, breakfast & cereal, canned goods, cleaning & laundry, dairy, frozen foods, meats, paper products, pasta & rice, personal care, pet supplies, snacks & candy, and other. :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed