Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Because I still secretly live in a twisted ACU mind set at times, I thought Thursday Thirteens were only for Kojies! Then I saw non Kojies and non ACUers posting and I realized it is for everyone!
So here is my Thursday Thirteen - 13 great things about this week.

1. I found out who the 3rd pregnant person is and I am not her! :) Congratulations to all of my pregnant friends out there. Some of our other friends just found out they are having a boy and our other great friends just found out that October will bring them a little girl! What a blessing babies can be and especially long prayed for pregnancies.

2. School's Out For The Summer - My contract for the year is officially over. I am so thankful. It is great to be home for a bit and hang out with my favorite person under 20 lbs.

3. Dawson's Creek reruns - I was never a fan of "The Creek" when it was on, but I got addicted a couple of summers ago to the reruns. They are awesome. Is almost the end of the show and they are getting really good again!

4. The Hills - LC = Love her! Heidi = Hate her! I thought LC got off very easy at the beginning of last night's episode. I am anxious for next week to hear from Jason again.

5. the pool - Carley and I have been swimming a few times already at the pool in my parent's neighborhood and she does so good. I just love it. It is so relaxing. I kind of feel like
Norm" from Cheers at the pool. I have been going there for 16 years so most of the people I enjoy seeing again during pool season. I love the pool.

6. Air Walk Flip Flops - They are not the most attractive, but they are the MOST comfortable. When Alyssa was here a couple of weeks ago, we both got a pair at Payless. Do yourself a favor and go get some. They are AMAZINGLY comfortable.

7. I saved $8.75 yesterday at Walmart with coupons. I love coupons. They make me feel like such a super savvy savings shopper!

8. Walking - Now that work is over and there are so many hours of daylight, I have been able to find lots of time to go walking. Walking puts me in the best mood. It just makes my whole body feel better.

9. Peas and Green Beans - Carley's 2 favorite foods are peas and green beans. It is so random. She gets super excited when I put one of them on a spoon. I have been trying to get her to enjoy instead of tolerate cereal for awhile. I kept mixing it with some applesauce or pears to get her to eat it. She would fuss every time. Sure enough, I mixed the cereal with some peas and the girl was giddy! What a random kid I have!

10. Naps and Nighttime - Carley is being a really good sleeper right now. 9.5 to 10.5 hours at night and at least one 2 1/2 hour nap a day plus 2 one hour naps. At night she goes down easily. Naps are sometimes a little harder, but when she is out, it is awesome!

11. DVR - You warned me I would love it and I do. Summer has let me appreciate it even more. Right now the Today show is paused so I can type and then I will catch up in a minute.

12. Cody's mom and dad went to court last week and she was ordered to pay back child support for her 3 kids. She hasn't paid a dime since 1990. She owes 7 years for Cody, 9 for his middle sister and 16 for his youngest sister. The DA stuck it to her good. I hope for Cody's dad's sake that she does pay and that he can use the money to help Cody's youngest sister out. Can you imagine how much she owes him? It is unbelievable. Good job to the courts for punishing people who do not pay for their child support.

13. The best thing about today so far is catching up with my blogger land friends. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great day!

10 comments:

Shanta said...

You crack me up. I love to hear about your love of tv. Tell Carley hi!

Shanta said...

by the way, it appears that I won the "3's contest.." what do I win?

Ashley said...

Shanty - You get a hug, but technically you didn't win. There is a 3rd and she is dur around the same time as the others. She has just not made it public on a blog yet.

Lisa Renee said...

Fun times. I am glad you are enjoying summer! I loved Dawson's Creek when it first started, then it switched to Wed. nights so three years later I caught up on reruns. I think I finished it after Ty was born! I always had a little crush on Pacey. So weird to think about Joey with TOM CRUISE. I am still pretty freaked about that.

Anonymous said...

Can we have another contest? I wanna win a hug!!

Phillips Family said...

I feel bad that you thought the 13 thing was a club thing. Wouldn't that just be down-right sad and pathetic if it was? By the way, if you figure out the offical way to be a "Thursday 13" person, please let us know. A lot of us are simply copying and pasting the banner we like, which is apparently against the rules. We like to live life on the edge.

I am quite curious as to who this third pregnant person is, despite the fact that I only know some of these people by name only. Suspense is killing me.

Glad your summer is off to a magnificent start!

Alyssa said...

I wish that we could take the girls to the pool together..and I am glad that you like your Air WAlk flip flops- i love them too!

Robby and Lynsey said...

I'm going to Payless today ... thanks for the tip!! And I am so glad that there is someone else in the world as into TV as I am!! I was sunk as soon as we got free basic cable with our apt. If I purchased a DVR - i don't think I would ever leave the house. If I ever post that I got one - just come up here and shoot me immediately!!

Cortni said...

Peas and green beans, huh? Braden doesn't care much for green beans, but he doesn't turn anything away (evidenced by the rolls he is packing on)! His faves are carrots and sweet potatoes.

I haven't gotten into The Hills yet...for which Adam is thankful. I was a faithful Laguna Beach watcher...so he is praying I stay away from The Hills!

I enjoyed your Thursday Thirteen. I am glad it isn't only for Kojies :)

If you come to Dallas to visit your sister (or friends) this summer...let's have lunch or something!

Melody said...

Thanks Ash...I needed that.

PS...you need to post more pictures of that baby :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed