Monday, October 09, 2006

Family Time and Carley's 9 month picts


This weekend my cousin, Susan, her husband, Mike, and their 2 boys Micah and Andrew came through Lubbock. Carley and I got to eat dinner with them. It was such a great time. Cousins are so special. It is sad that as we get older, we see them less and less. After dinner we went to the fire station to see Cody and let him show off his truck. Both of the boys are really into fire stuff so it was a thrill for them and for Cody. Aren't they cute?



Also, Carley turned 9 months old 2 weeks ago. Here she is in the flower costume she HATES. It is so funny. I am trying to teach her at a young age that women sometimes suffer for fashion. My favorite things Carley does right now is wave and play patty cake. She just randomly claps sometimes and it is so cute. Also, she says is infatuated with our dog, Ali. When Ali walks through Carley starts pointing and screaming "EEEEEEEEEEEEEE" for Ali. It is precious. Here is our little Halloween girl.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie, Ashley! Take care and hope to see you soon!

Lisa Renee said...

precious! I love that costume, and fun fall surroundings! Ty is going to be a fireman this year and Olivia is going to be his dog, the dalmation! Its his old costume when he was her age. I am only mentioning it b/c I know you have a special appreciation for firemen :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!! She is getting so big! I hope that she will come and trick or treat at our house!

April Carrasco said...

Kyler will be so jealous. She really wanted to be a flower!

Katie said...

She is so precious in that flower costume! Tell her to keep suffering through, sometimes it's worth it!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

That flower costume is too much!!! I love it. I hope to see a little flower trick or treating at my house this Halloween!

Wendy said...

Love the costume! Casen started waving recently too, but he does it at random times. Mostly looks like he is waving to some imaginary friend.

Caroline said...

I love the costume. She is a doll. Good picture- you can't even tell she hates the costume! I have put Caroline in many an outfit that she hates all for the sake of fashion and/or a good picture.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny... I love reading your blog! You are right, women do suffer for fashion! I never could get into the whole pointy toe shoes. Thankfully, rounded toes are back in! Carly is absolutely adorable!! She'll be the cutest little flower on Halloween!!

Nicole said...

I can't believe you got her to smile in a costume that she hates. One year, I had Emma's picture taken in her Raggedy Ann costume complete with a red yarn wig. In almost every picture, she has her hands on her head because the photographer would snap the picture right before she ripped the wig off! We are mean mommies, aren't we? :-)

Robby and Lynsey said...

She makes such a cute flower. She's not crying in this pic ... maybe she's getting used to it! :)

Cortni said...

Oh my goodness...that is the cutest flower I have ever seen!! I cannot wait to meet her at homecoming. You'll be there...right!?!

Unknown said...

OH MY CUTENESS- what a little doll face she is. Ashley, you are a GLOWING mom....we need to see you! You are always welcome for a visit if you need a vacation....

Anonymous said...

CUTE CUTE AND CUTE.

We all make sacrifices to look good. And a flower hat is much better than stilleto heels.

Amber Smith said...

Carley looks so precious in her flower costume! Adorable!

Jodi said...

Too stinkin cute!! She is the most beautiful flower I have ever seen!! I am still undecided on a costume for Reagan... a 3 month old is hard to dress up! ;) Wish she could be a bumble bee and we could take the girls' pics together!! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed