Friday, October 13, 2006

Why I am addicted to Grey's Anatomy

I love this show. I love it for so many reasons. I have to blog about it today because last night's episode was AMAZING!!!!!!!

Here are my thoughts and ideas about the show. I would love to hear what you think.

Okay, let's start with George and Callie. I felt sorry for her in the first 75 % of the episode. Some of you don't like her because she is weird. Being a quirky full figured girl myself, I like her. She wants George to like her the way she likes him and tonight she realized it isn't happening. George is AWESOME! I love George. He is so immature and wishy washy about Callie though. It is weird to me. I love what a great friend he is to Izzy and Meredith and what a great roommate he is as well. He is just a great guy, but he is clearly not ready for what he and Callie have started. And Callie, that girl is clearly frustrated, confused, disappointed, and looking for some emotional charge. I guess she found it at the end of the episode with McSteamy. That was so WRONG! I mean, yuck. Like I said, I felt for her the first 75% of the episode, but when she came on to McSteamy I just rolled my eyes. Gross.

Moving on to Christina and Burke. Their relationship is really interesting to me right now. Both of them are learning about different character traits they have probably never felt before. Poor Burke. He is in an identity crisis. The part about his hands made me sad. I was glad Christina came up with a way to help him. I still wanted her to say something like, " I don't love you because of your hands or your skills as a surgeon" but I guess she can't really say that because her admiration for him is what drew them together. I am interested to see what happens here. However, I would not want Preston to operate on me. And don't you just love the name "Preston Burke".

And now our girl, Izzy. I know she loved Denney. I still think she needs to get back out there though. It is time for her to go back to work. I wonder what she will do with the $8 million dollars though. Can you imagine? WOW! I also think we will see her daughter at some point this season. I just do. Who do you think she will get paired with next, Alex? George? Hmmm, I wonder.

I totally loved Meredith on morphine. One of my favorite things about GA is that it is not predictable. Not at all. First of all, thank goodness she is not pregnant. If she would have been, I would have been disappointed in the writers. When she was loopy, I figured she would confess something to either Derek or Finn and when she woke up, she wouldn't remember and then they would have a secret or something. But, luckily, the show is not predictable. The scene with Addison was GREAT. Addison is really a great character and she showed lots of vulnerability and compassion in this episode. I think she and Alex will hook up at some point. I really loved it when she said, " I am only saying this because I know you won't remember". I thought that was great.

Now for the love triangle. What great twists. McDreamy bows out, Meredith chooses McDreamy, Finn leaves with dignity. What do you think will happen with all of this? I am really curious. Do you think Finn is gone? Do you think McDreamy will get with Meredith? Hmmm, I don't know. All I know is the show surprises me every week.

Finally, I realize that I just completed a really long post on a television show. I understand that this is not real life. I can't help it though, I love it. Seriously.

7 comments:

Shanta said...

Ashley, I love you. These are all my thoughts exactly. We watched Leigh Ann's tivo version after the fair, making it a perfect night. I am irritated at Burke. Spit it out about your hand not being ready yet, or quit being all pouty. And TELL SOMEONE that you're not ready to be cleared for surgery. That's just med-mal waiting to happen.

I have to say I am thankful that the writers made Meredith cut Finn off quickly, and not have a whole episode of her still trying to choose. She kind of kills me with the only thing she can ever talk about is the drama in her love life. What about all the crazy SURGERIES???

Callie is weird. And gross. I cannot get the "she didn't wash her hands" episode out of my mind. And, I'd just like to point out that we don't KNOW that she did. I don't think she did. I mean, she lived in a hospital for crying out loud, and danced around in her undies in front of her chief of surgery and then sat down with him and a cup of tea. Weird, weird, weird. And she's twice George's size. They don't "fit the look alike theory." I think she has really good hair though. And reality check- she would never get McSteamy in real life.

Finally Izzy. What is that $$$ from??? I almost cried hearing his voice on the message. I love Denny and I always will. He was tall. They fit the theory.

Sue said...

Oh Smash, I love it!! Callie is so dirty. I don't think Finn will be back. I love Addison, she makes me a little sad though. I think the old Bailey is back and I'm so glad. George is probably my favorite. And I loved hearing Denny's voice. I miss him.

Averi said...

Okay...you don't know me. I am Allyson's aunt...who is also pregnant. Weird weird...I know. Anyway, I hope it is okay that I come to your blog every now and again. We share a love of Grey's Anatomy..and I HAVE to comment!

Christina drives me crazy. She needs to say something to let Burke know it is okay if his hand never gets better. I realize that is really not in her nature, but it drives me CRAZY! He is a super nice guy. I hope he starts kicking it with George again. George is my favorite. My husband totally makes fun of me saying, "You love him!" I don't like hiim with Callie. She is a weirdo. They don't match, I have to agree with Shanta. She does seem to make a good match with McSteamy. They are both very....ummmm...free. Let's see...what else...OH! Meredith! I loved Finn, but you knew that McDreamy would win so I am glad they got to the point already. I am so tired of hearing about her drama. It's all "me me me." Who cares anymore???
Poor Izzy. She breaks my heart every week. Do you think she will work now that she is loaded? WHo knows?

Whew, thanks for letting me say all of that. Like I said, sorry to intrude but it is just my favorite show ever!!

Jodi said...

Ok, I loved your post. From what I understand, last night was McVet's last show as a "guest star", so I guess he is really gone. Also, for real life GA, supposedly real life Burke and McDreamy got in a fight on set. Interesting... anyone know any more about this!? Ashley, I must be worse than you! Not only do I love the show, but I am hooked in their lives off the show too! I take that back... I am not worse than you. :) Anyways, love George and glad he and Callie seem on the outs. She is too creepy for him. And I just love Christina. Her humor makes me crack up. I could write more, but Shanta I think said it all. :)

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

I'm totally cracking up that you posted on here, Averi...how blogs connect people makes me laugh!

On to GA...I agree with most everything except that Callie doesn't freak me out. I kind of like her and George together. George is so quiet and sweet, he kind of needs a "take charge" kind of girl. The Izzy drama with Denny did make me sad. I love that he left her $8 million...this will definitely make an interesting twist.

And I'm totally mad at Meredith! Finn was right. McDreamy will hurt her again. But it wouldn't have kept the show as interesting if she would've chose Finn.

I'm totally hooked to this show. For that one hour, I totally feel like it is real and I am a part of their lives. Dustin hates it, but will have to learn to deal with it!! :-)

The Steffens said...

I am way addicted too!! How can you not be?! I hate that Finn wasn't chosen (although deep down I want her to pick McDreamy). Finn is way cute and is so sweet. I guess we will wait and see what happens next!!

Robby and Lynsey said...

I LOVED the post ... and LOVE all the detailed comments from people. So here's my two cents:

First of all - what's up with all the hate for Callie??? I like her. She is quirky and I really liked her and George together. I really like George - but he's not my favorite. I think he's being stupid lately. I mean, I understand he's not ready ... but I'm glad Callie stood up for herself and dropped him. He deserved it. (But I still love him.)

I'm so mad at Christina for not LISTENING to Burke when he's been TRYING to tell someone that his hand is hurt. Granted - he could/should try harder ... but he is in an identity crisis (like you said) I'm so frustrated with Christina for avoiding asking him further questions about why he thinks he's not ready. ANd no - I would not want him to preform surgery on me.

The love triangle - I love Derek. I'm glad she chose him. I think he probably will hurt her again, though. Meredith on morphine was fabulous. I love Addison ... love to hate McSteamy (what a jerk) - and a little predictable that he would end up on the show. :) And I'm wondering if Alex will end up in OB???

Izzy makes me sad too. I must have missed something huge (I still haven't seen all of the first year) I had NO IDEA that she had a kid! woah.

Okay - thanks for giving me an 'outlet'! Now I don't have to blog about it... :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed