Monday, October 23, 2006

One important thing and the rest is just catch up

Man, Blogger has not been my friend lately. I have had trouble getting on to post, but now it is happy and so am I.

So here is the latest:

1. Well, George from GA is gay. Maybe that is why I doubt his chemistry with Callie. Who knows. I wonder if they will write it in or something. Currently, GA has no gay characters. I wonder if they will now.

2. Two weekends ago I went on a women's retreat with our church. It was really good. I love spending time with old friends and making new friends. I was really touched by the honesty of the ladies that spoke. It is so nice when women are real and not trying to please. The theme was being a princess so here is a picture of Kristin and I in lovely pipe cleaner crowns. So, note to self, you need to go on the next women's retreat your church offers. Carley and Cody enjoyed the bonding as well.
3. One of my roommates from college, Summer, and her sweet husband and precious baby came through Lubbock this weekend. It was so fun to get to let Ethan and Carley play. No pollenation comments are necessary. It was very challenging to get a picture of these two!

4. My sister and girls came to visit a week ago. We had a blast. Lauren is a RIOT and Camryn is precious. We took the girls to the corn maze and had a blast. My mom has had the pictures on her camera and has not downloaded them yet. So, mom, if you read this, download them so we can post. She made all of the girls these cute scarecrow outfits. Carley is so lucky to grow up with cousins.

5. The is the important thing...this is Breast Cancer Awareness time. As young women, we often don't check ourselves or let our obgyn appointments slide. No one will take care of your prevention and early identification if you don't. A dear friend of mine at work has been battling breast cancer for 4 years. She has beaten it and continues to progress. My precious aunt on my mom's side has been battling ovarian cancer for 3 years. Breast cancer runs on both sides of our family and there have been massectomies on both sides. One of my best friends from jr. high has fought cervical cancer. We all need to be aware and make sure we get checked. So take care of yourself, or I will have to make the appointment for you! :)

Finally, here is the baby with a pumpkin pictures that we, as moms, are obligated to take.

10 comments:

Marcia said...

1. I was wondering if you would have anything to say about Gray's this week. Surely they will add a gay character before long. Do you think they were trying to trick us with the previews of next week? I don't want to believe Derek was with that other girl.
2. I've been debating going on our ladies retreat. Thanks for the encouragement.
4. I wish we had know/had the corn maze when we were in Lubbock. The pictures look fun.
5. Thanks for the reminder for everybody. My aunt was just diagnosed last month. She had a masectomy last week and will begin chemo soon. Unlike your family we didn't have any breast cancer in our family so you can't be too careful.

Unknown said...

Blogger has been hating me lately also. I was not really surprised that real-life George is gay. I have never really thought about the fact that they don't have a gay character.

I am going to try to talk Boone into going to a pumpkin patch/corn maze this weekend. Hopefully, that will be successful.

Thanks for the women's health reminder. I think we often think that just because we are still relatively young, we don't have to worry. Breast cancer also runs in my family.

Can't wait to see pics when blogger puts you back into his good graces!

Anonymous said...

Carley is precious! Love the pumpkin pictures!

Anonymous said...

Your little pumpkin girl is adorable!

Lisa Renee said...

I LOVE the pictures! Her costume is precious and I like her little halloween outfit in the pumpkin patch too. She is such a cutie :)

Anonymous said...

What a precious flower--she seems to be tolerating her costume!

Thanks for the health reminder. I had to have a mammogram back in the Spring and most of the ladies at this particular office were under 40. Scary stuff but I feel like people are trying to get the message out about breast cancer and taking precautions.

We will hit Lubbock sometime after Christmas, but should be there over a weekend. Hopefully Carley and Isaac can meet up at Broadway!

Shanta said...

Stellar costume! She is so stinking adorable Ashley! Would it be odd if I took Molly and Tucker to get their pics made with pumpkins? They would be soooo cute...

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

I love the pipe cleaner crowns! You and Kristin look great in them. And that little girl with the pumpkins is too cute!! I can't believe how much she's talking!!

Robby and Lynsey said...

Love the pics!

I love Ladies' Retreats. I felt so much closer to the people at our church now after I went to one this spring. Yes - everyone should experience theirs if they have one!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the GA news. I had no idea.

It looks like you had fun on the retreat! I miss those girls.

Carley is adorable. We all need to get together soon!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed