Thursday, November 16, 2006

So Much to be Thankful For

Thank you for your wishes of health. I am feeling much better. I am still not 100%, but I am on the road to recovery.

Today is my last day of work for a whole week. That is right folks, 9 days without an alarm clock. (except for Carley) We will be here the whole time, celebrating with my family and just being together. I am really looking forward to it.

There is so much to be thankful for in my life. Thanksgiving is a great week to take some time and reflect on the blessings that are there every day, but we don't always give thanks for them.

This year has been a year like never before. Parenthood has rocked our world and blessed us more than we could have imagined. It has literally touched every single aspect of our lives. I am daily amazed at how children have a way of changing your priorities. We don't get to be with our friends as much, go to the movies as much, travel as much, or do things that we used to enjoy. However, nights at home just take on a whole new joy. Watching Carley learn and grow has recentered everything for us. At times, it is really easy to be selfish and wish for care free days. This week when I was sick, I really wanted Carley to be old enough to read her own book or watch a movie or somehting where I could just veg out. Instead, Carley learned a new word and sprouted a new tooth. Last night I was just holding her thinking how big she had become and asking for forgiveness for wishing away this precious time with a baby.

Another thing I am very thankful for is you, blogland. It is such a blessing to be able to communicate with family and friends. I love the glimpses into your life and the connection that I feel just seeing pictures of your life and hearing your thoughts. It is a blessing to have friends. Thank you for being my friend.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ah, that's sweet. I'm thankful for you and for our play date tonight!

Lisa Renee said...

I am glad your doing better! It does stink being sick and a parent at the same time- but they always have a way of refocusing us to priority don't they?! Hey, is Alyssa coming in for Thanksgiving? We are not leaving until Wed. so I was thinking that if they are maybe we could get together Tuesday for a vanilla cream or something and meet Carly and Camryn??? Let me know if yall have any free time.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed