Friday, February 09, 2007

what do two wild people in their twenties do on vacation?

We had a really good week.

Last weekend, we got to celebrate my future son-in-law's first birthday. His mom and dad threw a great shin dig. We had a really good time celebrating this precious boy turning one. We were also super blessed to have some amazing houseguests who are special friends. They are welcome back any time. The weekend ended with a superbowl party with our small group at church. Small group has REALLY blessed us this year.

Cody and I left early Tuesday morning for a trip to Austin. I had a conference and Cody went as my chaperon. :) We arrived home late Thursday. What do two wild people without their child do on vacation......eat and nap. We went to the conference every day then came back to hotel and took a nap. We would get up, go eat at a yummy restaurant that we would normally not want to take Carley to, come back to the hotel, and watch TV and be asleep before 10:00. Yep, our lives have certainly changed. We had a great time though. We got some much needed rest, enjoyed time together, saw some friends (congratulations to my pregnant friend, Tiffany), piddled around Austin, went to a great convention, and just hung out.

I sure did miss Carley though. I missed her more than I was expecting. My parents kept her and she had a GREAT time. Thanks so much Papa and Nana! We owe you big! I was so anxious to see her when we arrived. Cody was so funny, when we exited the plane, Cody looked at me and said, "I want to hold her first. I mean it." We both missed our little pink buddy.

Tonight Carley and I chaperoned a middle school Valentine's dance. Hopefully it is the first and last one Carley goes to in her life! :) I forget how funny middle schoolers are until I am around them in that setting. Some of the girls looked like they were going to church and others looked like they needed to go to their "other job" afterwards. I am not looking forward to the teenage years.

I really have nothing important to blog about, but I do hope you had a wonderful week.

7 comments:

Amy said...

I think it's getting harder to leave our little buddies since now they're old enough to know that we're gone! I'm glad y'all got to have a little vacation--I would have loved it!

Nicole said...

That is all parents do on vacation right? Eat and sleep. That sounds like a perfect trip to me. :)

Caroline said...

Sounds like the perfect vacation! I loved your story about the dance. I'm already fearful of the junior high years! :)

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Yep...kiddos change us so much! I remember when the night was just beginning at 10!! If I'm not in bed by then, I'm one grouchy momma.

Unknown said...

Our vacation would have probably been very similar to yours except that we would have thrown in a couple of movies. Glad you guys could get away!

Wendy said...

I'm going to a convention at the end of March, and Scott is coming with me. His mom will come watch Casen, and we plan to have a very similar vacation!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got to get away! I know you had a lot of fun!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed