Thursday, February 01, 2007

When did I become old?

Right now we are in the middle of going to all of the elementaries that feed to my campus and going over scheduling with the 5th graders. We talk about electives, honors classes, core classes, and answer other questions. Today I went to an elementary and the PE coach came up to me and gave me this huge hug. "Miss Core, I am so glad you are talking to our kids. I totally had to come see you." Yep, a student that I taught my first year at the high school is now in her first year of teaching. She was a Junior in HS my first year of teaching. When did I become old enough that my former students are teachers now? I cannot believe it. When I started talking to the kids I told them I was Coach McClure's teacher and they were all laughing at how old I was. What is up with that? Nothing like a few 11 year olds to really knock you down! hehe. Just kidding. It is a huge honor and blessing to see students mature into wonderful adults.


You knew I would have to blog about TV tonight.

First, I have to say, that The Office was hilarious. My favorite part was the whole Ben Franklin thing. Dwight was so funny with the 99% comment. Michael was so "Michael" with all the president talks. And of course, I loved the banter with Pam and Ben Franklin. That show is so funny to me.

Callie and George got married. WOW! That was a huge shocker to me. I wasn't a big Izzy fan this week. She was really rude and selfish this week which is totally unlike her. The Alex/Addison thing was so funny. She looked at him like a piece of meat. (who could blame her) Then at the end Addison and Mark....shame, shame, shame. I felt really sorry for Meredith this week. Her mom was awful. I loved Burke and Christina though. Oh, and let's
not forget the "Callie O'Malley" comment.


Elise and Carley got to play the other day. It was impossible to get a picture of them both smiling at the camera. They are getting too big!

10 comments:

Marcia said...

I LOVED Gray's tonight. I'm in the middle of watching it a second time. I know, I have issues. I laughed even harder the second time at "Callie O'Malley"!
I have to disagree about selfishness being unlike Izzy, but that's a whole other story.

Amy said...

I totally had to blog about The Office & Grey's too. I loved TV tonight! You're not old because if you're old then I'm old and that's just not the case!

Nicole said...

I think I've already warned you about not watching Grey's, so here I am with another bummer. I don't watch the Office either. I know! I know! I need to. I've heard it before!

I know it is EYE OPENING when you really figure out how old you have become. I still feel so young, but 2 summers ago a girl that I babysat when I was younger GOT MARRIED!!! She was in 3rd GRADE!! Oh my word. It is CRAZY!!! I don't mind getting older, I just don't want to "feel" like it, ya know?

April Carrasco said...

I might have to hurt you. You posted about Grey's quicker than I could watch it and I started reading your blog and couldn't believe it. It was a great show!!!

Robby and Lynsey said...

Agreed about posting too early on Grey's ... There is a two hour time difference here ... I'm going to have to make a rule not to check it before I watch. All I read was Callie and George and I stopped myself ... I figured they just got engaged - so I was still WAY surprised when they ended up married. It's about time that he stood up for her. I also think Izzy is pretty selfish sometimes. I hate Meredith's mother. She is so aweful. And although shame on Sloan and Addison - thank goodness she is at least showing restraint with someone. I don't think I can take anymore attending/intern hook-ups right now!! (Although I completely see her attraction and couldnt really blame her!) ;)

I feel old too. Over Christmas I saw Emily Evans (except I didn't know that the girl I was staring at was her ... I was looking for someone younger.) How does this happen??? :)

Ashley said...

Although I am sorry if you hadn't finished Gray's when you read my blog, I do have to say, WHY HAD YOU NOT FINISHED GRAY's??? Priorities people. Seriously family and children over TV? What is wrong with you??? :)

Disclaimer, I might finish the Gray's post right after it airs ever Thursday. You never know.

Anonymous said...

Loved Grey's. Izzy's comments we over the top. Callie O'Malley. Love it. I just had to call you. I knew you watched it on time! :)

When did my daughter get a bald spot? I will have to brush her hair a little better! Let's have a playdate soon.

April Carrasco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robby and Lynsey said...

I can't believe you don't have another post up on Grey's already! I can't believe how it ended!!! And oh, the blood and gore! Yuck ... definitely hope that doesn't stick around past the huge crisis right now.

hejlyeah said...

The girls are so cute! And, I love your TV posts - I totally agree with you!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed