Thursday, March 08, 2007

Go ahead and hold your ballots to nominate me for Mother of the Year

Well friends, I know that you are ultra amazed at my parenting prowess, but tonight I thought I would share a tale about the last hour that might make you hold all nominations of awards for me.

Note: the following story is pretty gross (but funny) so feel free to skip my blog today

So Cody is at the station tonight. Carley, Ali, and I decided to play outside. This is our new favorite past time. Carley runs after Ali, then falls in the grass and starts laughing. Ali licks her face and runs off. Carley chases after her. Repeat and repeat and repeat. The phone rang so I stepped inside the house where I could still see and hear them and turned my back for 1/99 of a second. I turned back around to see Carley bringing me a piece of Ali's poop. I screamed and it scared Carley so she squeezed her hand and the poop went all in her fingers and such. Then she wiped it on her shirt before I could grab her. She then started wiping it on my hands. Nice. So in we came to wash. I cleaned her hands and was undressing her when my stomach started rumbling some serious rumbles. I had no choice but to stop and "sit" for a moment. Carley went and found a ball point pen and stood in the hallway where I could see her. She then began marking all over her tummy, face, and arms which were all bare because of the previous incident. I kept asking her to bring it to Mommy, but she just kept laughing and marking. I was "stuck" so there was seriously nothing I could do.

Here is Carley's artwork.

I am available anytime to watch your kids....

20 comments:

April Carrasco said...

That is hilarious! You are for sure the mom of the year having both of those happen in one night. Wait, didn't your kid fall out of the bathtub on your watch too? I am a social worker, I can help:)!!!

Sarah J. said...

Ashley, that is too funny!! I just came across your blog and wanted to say hi! Glad you are doing well. Your little girl is adorable!

If you'd like to visit our blog, the address is http://greg-sarah-griffin-brooks.blogspot.com.

Love,
Sarah (Bettis) Jones

Julie said...

I would still take ya!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. Great story to tell her someday!

Shanta said...

YES.

Nicole said...

You are too much! I love that you can freely admit that you had to "sit". :-)

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

That is so funny! I would of thrown up right on the spot, glad to see you didn't do just that.

Unknown said...

I would still let you watch my kid, too! I think Jackson and Carley would be just fine together; however, you may not be just fine after watching the two of them! Sorry you had to "sit." Gotta hate when that happens especially after your child has just picked up poop!

And, Susan, wait till you have kids. You will be amazed at how strong your stomach actually is!

Tiffany said...

She's just like her Mom! Did she use the pen to write any funny messages about her ex?

Anonymous said...

I have an active 8 year old that needs some new adventure in her life. I'm sure she would love to have you responsible for awhile!!
Ramona

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

OMG! Too funny. I, of course, would still let you watch my child! I'm so glad you documented this moment. She will love to hear about this when she is older!

melissa deaver said...

Love it!

Allison said...

Funniest story EVER!!!! That is one you'll have to remember to tell when she is a teenager!! I really laughed out loud on this one!

You have my vote for mommy of the year!

mcjacobsjournal said...

I am SOOOO behind on blogs and just got caught up on your last few. First of all, I am laughing hysterically at your Carley story. Love that the pen and the poop happened within seconds of each other. Welcome to the mobility stage of parenting. It's never dull for sure!

Also, I love your sister stories and share your feelings of the blessing of having your best friend(s) in your own family. :)

I hope you also had a GREAT birthday. Sounds like Cody did a darn good job of celebrating you like you deserve!!

Unknown said...

LOVE IT- I love stories like this because all you can do is laugh.... I seriously think that God has a very good sense of humor to "lighten things up" down here on earth. YOU ARE AWESOME!

Kelli Marchbanks said...

Too funny! I caught Drew picking up poop and throwing it at our Labrador too! And you are welcome to watch him ANYTIME!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Carley is going to be just as crazy and funny as her mom!

Alyssa said...

I love it when you get just what you deserve after 29 years of being the one holding the pen.....love it...love it...love it.

Amy said...

AWESOME!! We took Charlie to feed some ducks and he put a handful of deer dorn in his mouth two different times. These kids are tricky!

Mark said...

That is too funny! I'm not quite sure I get it. What do you mean you had to "sit" for a bit? Rumbling in your tummy? Were you hungry? Were you sitting at the dinner table? Maybe you could clarify in your next blog!

Congrats on being a great mom and surviving the first years of marriage!

Mark

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed