Monday, June 25, 2007

Sea World













We had a great time in San Antonio and Sea World with my family. We drove down with my parents. Having Papa and Nana in the car made the 7 hour drive so much more fun. We got in Thursday night and checked in at our hotel. Then we went to the area where my dad grew up and went to the cemetery where both of his parents are buried. After that we went to my dad's favorite restaurant and met my sister and her family there. I can not tell you how great it was to all be together. I love my parents, sister, brother-in-law, and precious nieces so much. Being with them brings pure joy to my heart. I am so thankful that Cody and Carley feel the same way. Cody and I always enjoy getting out of town together and we really thought this trip with Carley was so special. She is just at such a great age.

Friday we got up and headed to Sea World. Sea World was great! It could not have gone smoother. The hardest part was the weather. The high was 83 and it rained off and on each day. It was SO nice for it not to be hot with all the kids there. We stayed until 6 pm the first night and until 4 the next day. There is no way the kids (or adults) would have been able to 6 and 8 hour days in the heat. Also the crowds were smaller because of the weather. We were able to get into all of the roller coasters really quickly. But, it would have been nice to be wet from the water in the park and not the down pours of rain and not to have our kids lips turn blue in the water.

Anyway, we had such a great time. The kids loved the animals, shows, and water. Everyone loved Shamu. My niece Lauren could not get enough of the penguins and Carley's favorite animals were the horses. That's right, we drove all the way from west Texas to see the Anheuser-Busch Clydesdales! She loved them. Camryn was just a trooper that laughed at all of the animals. She was just glad to be with her family.

The girls had matching outfits for each day which was really cute. Sadly, they would not all look at the camera for any picture the entire trip so I don't have any great picts of them. My parents were great and were totally rockstars to their granddaughters. Every time Papa or Nana came in the room three little girls ran to them screaming their names. It was precious.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Total cuteness- those 3 girlies are adorable and I love Carlie's cute red bathing suit wrap....she is growing up so fast and her blonde curls are precious! Looks like you are enjoying every minute of summer break!

Tiffany said...

Looks like y'all had fun! Post some more pictures of the house!

mcjacobsjournal said...

What a fun family trip! We love Sea World too...and it looks like Carley had a blast! And, by the way, LOVE the matching outfits for each day. That is so what I'm going to do on our cousin trips someday. Poor Braden... :)

kunami10 said...

They are too cute! Love the pics with the sunglasses. We love Sea World too...and must make a trip at least once each year or Ty gets mad. Our best day ever was last year at Sea world San Diego when Ty was chosen to be the volunteer for the Shamu show. When we thought it couldn't get any better, Ry was chosen to be the volunteer for the dolphin show! That trumped even Disneyland!

Unknown said...

Carley's curls are so sweet! What a cutie! I also loved the red bathing suit wrap. Too cute! I want to go to Sea World SO bad! I think Jackson would love it.

Random, but we also saw the Anheuser Busch Clydesdales, but we saw them in Missouri at Grant's Farm, which is owned by Anheuser Busch. Glad to know that both of our kids have now seen the beer horses. : )

Anonymous said...

I just love your family! The matching outfits are cute!

Robby and Lynsey said...

The girls in their matching outfits are too cute. I especially love the one of all three of them on the park bench. :) I'm SO glad for all of you that you are able to get together as often as you do. It must be so nice for the girls to really get to know one another. ;)

Lisa Renee said...

How fun! What a sweet family, every last one of you! Glad you had a fun and safe trip.

summer said...

What great family memories! I love the one of the girls with your parents. So sweet.

April Carrasco said...

I am glad y'all had fun and got a good family break :)!!

Allison said...

The three of them on the bench is precious! It's great that you guys all had such a wonderful time. Enjoy your summer. Maybe we will catch you at the pool, when we get to Lubbock in August. Love you!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Looks like a great vacation. The kids are so cute!

Leslie said...

Hi Ashley!
Great to hear from you. Yes, my husband and I now do Kadesh every year. I loved it so much that now its my turn.

Looks like things are going well with you! Congrats on your beautiful family.

Leslie (Bogle) Thomas

Jodi said...

OH so much fun! Made me really excited... we are doing the same family trip in Aug with my brother and fam and my parents! I loved seeing your pics!! You'll have to tell me about this favorite restaurant...

Guess I won't have much luck hoping for cool days in August...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed