Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Late Valentines

I know it has been awhile since Valentine's, but we have just been having lots of family time lately and I haven't blogged about it. Cody and I have had the same tradition for years and I love it. We both take an afternoon off work (usually it is actually Valentine's Day, but this year it was the 13th) . We always go to lunch at Harrigan's, which is where we got engaged, and then go to a movie. We went and saw the Bucket List. It is very good. I really enjoyed it. Cody did too. We love our lunch date because the crowds are small, the movies are cheap, and Carley is at child care anyway. I highly recommend getting away during the day together. The conversation seems so much better too.

Carley had a cute Valentine's party at Granny's with her little friends. She really got into it, which was funny. The best part of all was the present she gave us. For a long time she has been saying "I love you" kind of smooshed together like "Ilauuu". It has been precious. When I picked her up on Valentine's she came running up and said, "I LOVE YOU, MOMMY!" It was so clear and the words had a huge space in between them. Granny had worked with her all day on it. It was so sweet.

I forgot to post some of my favorite pictures of my sister's visit last week.


I love to put the girl's hair in pig tails when they are here. It always cracks me up. Here they are in their Strawberry Shortcake outfits. Thanks, Nana


Here is my little buddy, Camryn. How cute is she?


This is Carley's best friend at Granny's. Her name is Abbi and she is just the sweetest girl. Carley is 6 months older than Abbi and she keeps Abbi hopping all day long. They dressed alike for Valentine's Day.



Carley got a diaper bag and a kick gym for her baby dolls that matches the stroller and bed she got from Santa for Christmas.


Finally, here is my drama daughter posing and telling the paparazzi to keep their distance.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

That is the best Valentine's Day tradition ever! I love all the pics of Carley, she is so sweet! Your family is just precious!!!

Jennifer K said...

I love hearing Carley talk. She has quite the vocabulary! She is precious and so are her parents!

cmjj said...

I like your tradition with Cody. He is a very lucky guy!!!! Love you and miss you, too!

Melody Forest McKee said...

Man, I love Carkey!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed