Tuesday, April 22, 2008

This sums up Carley

This story really sums up my daughter these days:

Last night Cody was bathing Carley and she was playing with the duck that is dressed like a firefighter. He asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up and she said, "A Christian Mommy". This of course melted Cody's heart (and mine) because it was so sweet. It also sums up how random she is with her vocabulary. I have no idea where she learned the word "Christian". I am guessing Bible class. It was just so funny. We kept going on and on about how sweet it was that she said that and that we prayed she would be a Christian Mommy one day.

So a few minutes later I am trying to comb through her wet tangles and curls and she is crying because she says it hurts. (It didn't) She got really mad at me. So she looks at me, throws her comb and says, "I don't want to be a Christian Mommy, I want to be Christian Daddy!"


This is basically her way of telling me she likes her dad better than me now. So funny.

Speaking of Carley and her Daddy, Cody took her to Toys R Us last Saturday while I was at a Ladies Day at church and bought her some princess jewelry. She thought she was pretty special.
They have been really close lately and it makes me SO happy. Cody has decided to start taking Carley on weekly breakfast dates to McDonalds.

Here is what I love most about these dates:
1. Cody thought of the idea without any nudging from me.
2. He pick a weekday when I am at work to do this. He plans ahead, he schedules around it, and he makes it happen EACH WEEK
3. I am not invited and they both make that clear.
4. He lets Carley sit on the booth next to him (and not in a high chair or booster seat) so they can cuddle. I wish I could be a fly on the wall.


Aren't we thankful for good Christian Daddies??

12 comments:

Tiffany said...

Man, I love that CoCo...and Carley...and especially YOU! I'm glad we got to chat the other day. We must hang out again soon!

Chris and Amanda said...

I have a confession - the great blog you read was written by my brilliant husband. I didn't even get to you to the conference! He left me here in NJ for 4 days alone....but he did come back with a wealth of knowledge. You can listen to the speakers online if you need more. They are all really great!

Loved reading your blog today as well. A McDonalds date is a great tradition to start!

Jennifer K said...

I love that little Carley...what personality! What a sweet family you have. E cries too when I comb her curls...how did we end up with curly headed little girls??

Kelli said...

That is so precious! She is so cute! Little girls and their daddies just melt my heart, it is such a special bond. So sweet!

Caroline said...

What a great daddy! Carley is so smart- and beautiful!

cmjj said...

I think I could cry! That is soooo precious. Cody is such an amazing husband and father. I am so glad you and Carley have him.

I love the story about you combing her hair. Jordan and I go through that EVERYDAY!! These days she is constantly mad at me. Carley is a hoot. I love it!!!!

Stephanie Torresi said...

How sweet is that!?! Henry also prefers his daddy to me. I love that they are so close. Carley is too precious. I can't wait to meet her in person.
Hope you are having a good week. Love you and miss you lots. Wish I could jump across the Atlantic to watch Grey's with you tomorrow night.

Jodi said...

That is about the sweetest post I have ever read. Every last bit of it. Well, except for her liking Daddy more than Mommy, but even that was cute! :)

Allison said...

That is soooo sweet!! What a wonderful daddy he is and such a great husband to you too!

Can I just say that I love being able to check in on your life with your blog??? I am so glad you are so happy!!

And Carley is sooo cute!

Amy said...

Precious!

Alyssa said...

We love Coco and Princess Carley!

The M Family said...

soo precious ashley!
carley is one blessed little girl to have a mommy and daddy who point her to Christ!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed