Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Funny Kid

Yesterday I went into get Carley from her nap and she was crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I was scared". I asked her what scared her and she said, "The Tricky Wolf in my bed". I started laughing and said, "the what?" She then repeated the words "tricky wolf" at least 3 or 4 times in this story about a tricky red wolf in her bed.

This is the only tricky fox I know about, Swiper from Dora. Maybe she got fox and wolf confused. Who knows where that kid comes up with stuff. I just think she is a very funny two year old.


  • In other news, gas is too expensive and the economy sucks. I am about to have to just walk or ride a bicycle every where I go.

  • I still love the Bachelorette and am hooked this season. I am also glad I have suckered my dear friend Amy B to go down this road with me.

  • Sonic has their shakes on for 99 cents. This makes for a special treat.

  • I really do like avocados and think they can really jazz up a salad, sandwich, or burger.

  • Miscarrying totally sucks.

  • I am in a dilemma on what version of "Jesus Loves the Little Children" to teach Carley. She has learned the one where she says the colors, but I don't really like that. She wants to sing it all the time. Did you just let this politically correct battle go?
  • Cody accidentally backed into the garage door so we have to spend our fun summer incentive check on that.
That is all I have. Hope your day is a good one.

12 comments:

cmjj said...

There was a time in Jaron's little life when he walked around saying, "Oh man!" ALL the time!!

I am so jealous that Sonic's shakes are so cheap. I so need a Sonic to go to. That is the only thing that would make this summer better!

Marcia said...

I didn't even know there was a version without the colors.


I've been wanting a Sonic burger and tots and got very excited when I realized this morning it was Tuesday so it was half price burger day. Maybe we'll have to splurge and get shakes too.

Allison said...

1. Don't get me started on Gas prices. It is just HORRIBLE! I heard on the news yesterday that it'll be at 4.50 by the 4th of July.

2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Bachelorette right now. I even have Matt watching it with me. My favorite is Jason. I just love him. I like Jeremy too. Time for Graham to hit the road, and TWILLY? What's he still doing in the picture?

3. I don't know the other version of Jesus loves me. Ive heard it but don't know it.

4. AND I am still so very sorry about your miscarriage. I know that wound is so fresh. You guys are still in my prayers! Love you!

Melody Forest McKee said...

1. I love Carley and her funny stories.
2. I love The Bachelorette. Who is your fav? I LOVED Brian. Too bad she booted him lastnight. I like Jason and Jeremy.
3. Gas prices make me throw up a little in my mouth everytime I fill up.
4. Miscarrying does suck.
5. Want a fun new summer look for your blog? :)

Jodi said...

99 cent shakes! Heck yeah! :)

Lovin' the Bachelorette. Don't really have picks for her final 2, but enjoying the "process" in the meantime. :) PLEASE tell me you read the recaps too?? :)

With gas the way it is, don't think we'll ever leave our neighborhood again.

Still so sorry about your sadness. It just sucks, and I couldn't hurt for you more. Love you.

Kiss that cutie girl for me!!!

Tiffany said...

Your kid is hilarious. I love her!

Do you think the Java Chillers are 99 cents? Sean and I are totally addicted to them.

Also, I'm gonna be in town in two weeks. Wanna hang out? We can ride our bikes together. Or maybe go to the pool.

And if it makes you feel any better, we had to spend our whole incentive check to pay a credit card. Boo.

Amy said...

Crazy Carley!

Shanta said...

Pass the guacamole!

GPaty said...

Sweet Ashley,

You are always such a breath of fresh air to me...I've read your blog for months and it always makes me smile. Your candidness has remained one of your most amazing qualities..I love it.
I had heard about your miscarriage and I just wanted to let you know that I have had you on my heart. From experience, I understand that NOTHING is going to make you feel better except getting pregnant again...and that is ok. But until that happens, (and I am confident that it will) just let others around you love on you and your sweet family. Let us lift you before the Father, and you and Cody rely on eachother when you are lost in your grief. More than anything, focus on Carley...she is amazing.
You are loved, sweet friend.
ginger

Kelli said...

The good news is that DeAnna is totally going to pick Jesse...or Jason. One of them for sure, I just know these things! :)

PS...I do not enjoy Graham. He's a play-ah!

Jennifer said...

Life is so fun with a two year old; they say the funniest things! Avacadoes are amazing, fortunetly, no one else in my house will eat them. More for me! Sonic shakes are too big a temptation, I'm gonna have to give up my cheats in a few weeks. Miss you and your cute Carley!

Anonymous said...

I like Jason best! Jesse is fun, but not long-term serious. Poor Graham... I just think that he has a hard time "sharing" Deanna with the other guys and the cameras.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed