Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Favorite Things, Summer Edition

My friend, Nicole B, was inspired by Oprah to list her favorite things of summer. I thought I would do the same thing.

The Ped Egg - It is no secret that I have ugly, ugly, ugly feet. There is nothing I can do about it so I just accept it, but don't like it. My new favorite foot helper. It is totally painless and makes my feet very soft and much more flip-flop friendly for only $10!



OPI - Cha Ching Cherry - This is my favorite color for the summer. It is a pink that looks good with all shades of pink and doesn't clash against red. It is a great, cheery color and I always get a pedicure in this color over Spring Break and then keep painting my toes this color all Summer.
Papa John's Chicken Spinach Alfredo Pizza on a whole wheat crust - This is my favorite pizza for the summer. It is SO good and has a really fresh taste. It also comes with tomatoes, but I don't like roma so I opt out. It is for sure worth a try and the crust makes you feel like you are being healthy when deep down you know you are not at all.
Target Girls Swim Shirt Set - It is a swimsuit and it has sleeves. I love it for playing in the yard. It protects Carley from getting burned and at the same time it is cool and can get wet and dries fast. Plus, i am not going to lie, Carley's tush looks awfully cute in pink polka dot.
The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich - This is my summer series to read. It is hilarious, has some mystery, and some great romance. It has really funny characters and because there are so many books in the series, you really learn about all of them and they are a hoot. They are an easy, light read where you do not have to pay attention to every single word.



Favorite Series that are wrapping up this summer: The Redemption Series by Karen Kingsbury. The 4th and final book of the final series in the Redemption Series, Sunset, comes out in September. Out in August is the fourth book, Breaking Dawn, in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. Both of these series are great reads and real page turners. I love endings and conclusions so I am happy to see things wrapped up. (See previous posts about my love for Series Finales on TV shows)









Favorite Beauty Product - COR by Plank face soap - This soap is incredible at drying your face out. It is perfect for those weeks when your hormones rage or when you travel and your face breaks out. It is NOT for those who tend to get dry skin. It would make your skin flaky, but for me, it has been great. It is made with silver which is an antibiotic which helps clear everything up. It is perfect to get your face ready to see the world with no make up on.
Those are my Summer 2008 favorites. What about you?

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

I too love the peg egg! I will have to check out the other items on your favs. :)

Jodi said...

Where do I get me some of that silver soap? My grease pit of a face can always use the help... :)

Right now, my summer fave is the ever popular snow cone. Can't get enough. :) Oh, and cantalope. Can't get enough of that either.

Amy said...

I'll come over so you can give me a pedicure. Wouldn't that be fun?! My favorite thing about summer is air conditioning. I wish I had it.

Lasiter Family said...

I am so glad someone else loves the Twilight series. I can't wait for the next one. I will have to try the Redemption series. I haven't read those yet. I think I might try the egg too.

Unknown said...

My current favorite thing is $1 sweet tea at McDonalds with no ice....... this is my treat to myself on tough and/or hot days! Travis is afraid my teeth are going to rot out as a result of how many I down each week, but oh well!

cmjj said...

I love the Walmart brand of candles. They have some great scents, and they are very fragrant when they burn. The best part is they are only a couple of dollars for a pillar candle! I am also enjoying adding plants to my back porch. I bought some bright pink impatiens from Walmart yesterday for $1.25! They are so pretty. I am enjoying John Frieda's Weather Works for my hair. It's really humid here, so it helps with the little frizzies I can sometimes get. Where can I get a ped-egg? Love you, Friend!!!!!

Hayley said...

I love the Ped Egg too!

Amy said...

i'm going to have to try the ped egg. my feet are the worst. it is a bad thing when your husband's feet are softer than you own :(

my favorite summer thing is bahama bucks. all you lubbock people take it for granted i'm sure. i just discovered there is one 5 minutes from my house!! brian and i have had way too many white coconuts with cream already!

The M Family said...

i'm gonna have to remember that swim shirt set to get for kate next summer! thanks ashley!
jennifer

Alisa Palmer said...

the ped egg makes me a tad queasy. I mean, have you not ever used a lemon zester also called a Microplane? It's the same thing! So all I can think of when I see the commercial is someone zesting their foot for a nice summer salad.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed