Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day

I have to start with our big news this week, Carley is PACI FREE! She has done great without it . She hasn't missed a nap or a night of sleep and only cried twice. She doesn't even ask for it anymore. She is such a big girl.
We had a great father's day weekend. We had lots of time as a family and Carley was really cute celebrating her Dad. United had cakes for kids to decorate and Carley was SO proud of herself. The cake was basically covered in sprinkles and lots of colors of icing and she thought it was so beautiful. She thinks her dad is the most special person in the world (I agree) and she is so proud of her daddy. She loves to talk about their McDonalds dates, their silly songs, they dates to the park, and that her dad is a fireman (which she mentions 10 times a day). I love to watch their relationship grow.

My dad was in Keller with my sister this weekend so we celebrated with him a little before he left and tonight for a big dinner. I am so thankful for my dad....for his example, his joy, his friendship, his generocity, and his tender heart. The sermon on Sunday was about Fathers and it was really good. During the sermon the preacher mentioned a few different men in our congregation who were great fathers to their family and to other people and he mentioned my dad. He told a sweet story about one of our former campus ministers who named his son after my dad. It made me so proud of my sweet daddy.

Carley and Papa

Reading the book she gave daddy for Father's Day about them

Daddy napping while Carley watches the Wiggles



This picture just makes me laugh


Giving Daddy his card



Decorating our Father's Day Cake

Our Paci- Free-Breakfast-Party!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

So cute. Your family is just so precious!

cmjj said...

Friend, what a wonderful weekend! And I agree, your dad is a precious father. I know that he has always touched my life. Carley is so blessed to have Cody for a daddy, and her cake is the most beautiful cake I have ever seen!!!! Yea for no paci!!!!!!!!! Give her a high five for me :)

Alyssa said...

So proud of Carley for being paci free! What a big girl!

Caroline said...

Congratulations on the paci elimination. That is a hard one! Glad you had such a wonderful Father's Day!

Rachel said...

Your family is precious! I may need some advice getting rid of the paci. We are down to nap and night-time only, for the most part, but she asks for it more often than that. I want it gone before baby brother comes in September. How did you do it?

April Carrasco said...

I am impressed! Enjoy the freedom!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed