Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Good Bye Bowmans

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Both pregnant at our 5 year college reunion
Bumping Baby Bellies on our class retreatMeeting Carley on her first hours of life and anxiously awaiting Charlie a month later

Forcing frienship in the early days
Documenting that Carley has always been taller

Baby Blessing at Church

Matching Outfits

Introduction to Mixed Bathing


First kiss and proof that dressing your kids up is always funny

Dr. B and the Duck hard at work


There is a sad weekend coming for the Nelsons. Our very dear and special friends, the Bowmans are moving to Virginia. I have been blessed to know Andy and Amy since we were 18. Now we are 30! I hate to put such sappy stuff on my blog, but it is a tool to document the big moments in our lives and this is one for us. Luckily we have gotten to see them a whole bunch and soak up as much Bowman time as we can in the past few weeks. It is just hard to say good bye to people you have seen on almost a weekly basis, if not more, for 12 years.

They are friends, they are family, they are nuts, they are great listeners, they are unique, they are hilarious, and they are the best! We will miss them terribly and hope the next three years go by in a flash so we can be together again soon.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

That is sad but also so sweet. I have heard of the Bowmans, and I recognize them from ACU. Kindof like I always heard about how great "Ashley Corey" was, and never knew you either. :) I'm missing out on some special peeps here! Anyway, friends are an amazing blessing, I think it's so cool that y'all have been friends for so long. Now you have a fun place to go visit! :)

Melody Forest McKee said...

UGH...I can't take it. I can't believe they are leaving us! Sunday is going to be HORRIBLE!

Amy said...

Oh man...I'll have to wait a few weeks to comment. Until then I'll be crying. :(

Jennifer K said...

What amazing people the Bowmans are. They are the kind of people you can always call friends, no matter the distance or time between visits. They will always be special!! And we can't wait for them to get back to West Texas!

Nicole said...

I am sad for both of your families. I am sure your heart is happy for them and breaking at the same time. Sorry friend.

The Speck family said...

SUCH sweet pics! I know you guys are going to miss them so much, but we hope to take good care of them here on the east coast! Hugs to you~ Kelly

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed