Sunday, July 06, 2008

4th of July week and the most hilarious parade ever

I have so much to blog about over the past two weeks, but I thought I would do the 4th first because 'tis the season afterall. Cody, Carley, my parents, and I headed up to Keller to spend the week with Alyssa's family. The boys went to NYC for three days and us girls stayed in Keller and swam, played, shopped, ate, and laughed. It was such a fun and crazy week for all of us.

We got to see my friend Shanta and baby Campbell over dinner one night. These are two of my favorite girls and I just loved being with them. It was so great. I nearly tucked Campbell away in my purse and kept her.

I also got to see my dear friends Mark and Clay Rich and their wives Tara and Jessica. They both have bought homes recently and I got to see all the work they had done. I am very thankful for all 4 of these special people in my life and the sweetness of our friendship. It was great.

The funniest part of the week to me was my niece Lauren who organized a "parade" for Carley and Cam to be in. A parade done my a 4 year old and two 2 year olds was precious chaos. My mom helped organize and got the parade going. It was so sweet. I can not tell you in blog world how hilarious it was, but let me just go over the parade order. (It really was a program, but you can't convince a 4 year old of that)

1. Singing of "We Love Our Flag" by all three.
2. Invocation by Carley (The Lord's Prayer)3. Carley rocking the crowd with a performance of "Bingo"

4. Camryn singing the patriotic favorite "Twinkle, Twinkle"
5. Lauren reading a bible story to the crowd

6. Lauren doing a song from VBS
7. All 3 doing "My God is So Big".
8. Throwing candy to the crowd (once again, ALL Lauren's idea and hilarious)
9. "We love Our Flag"

They were so cute.

My mom and dad were great and had sparklers for the girls and mom helped them make a cake. The girls had so much fun decorating it with sprinkles and they were so proud of their work.

Alyssa was such a great hostess. She and Clint couldn't have been more wonderful. My nieces are too precious and so funny. I just loved it.

7 comments:

Alyssa said...

the best parade ever. loved our fun week together!

cmjj said...

How fun! I love those little 4 year old moments too :)

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

How hilarious!

Shanta said...

That parade sounds awesome. Save me some cake.

Caroline said...

Sounds like a fabulous parade! Glad you had a great week with Alyssa.

Jennifer K said...

Looks like fun! We missed you here! It is great to see Shanta's sweet face!

The Pruetts said...

I love all the pictures! That cake looks amazing. Sounds like you had a great 4th!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed