Thursday, July 24, 2008

Carley's Big Girl Room

Carley has been in a big girl bed for a few weeks now and so we have been working on the room. Cody did it all. I simply griped, criticized, and gave unwanted advice! :)

Here's how it all went down. When we spent the week at Alyssa's, Carley slept on Lauren's trundle matress and I slept on Lauren's bed. Carley spent the week adjusting and doing so well. On the way back to Lubbock Cody mentioned that we were going to put Carley in a big bed in a couple of weeks, since she had already done it for a week, why not go ahead and do it, so we came back and bought the matresses. Here was the killer for me, I have always heard not to focus on your child's firsts, but their lasts as well. I didn't know the night before we went to Alyssa's was her last night in a crib. I didn't treasure the rocking or the little face with wild hair waiting for me in her crib the next morning. Her first night in her big bed, Carley just laid down and went to sleep, no tears at all. I, on the other hand, cried like a baby.

I am so thankful that it has been such an easy transition for her and us. We have had a few nights of crying when she was trying to fall asleep, two missed naps, but overall, I am SO thankful that we did the transition at Alyssa's. It was perfect.

Anyway, her room went from a light green nursery to a bright big girl room with stripes and a chair rail. I think Cody did a great job on it. Here are some pictures of the process.


green to yellow
Can you believe that he just free handed the stripes? No tape or anything. My husband is seriously too talented.

There are about 100 stripes in the room in 4 different Disney Colors: Pretty as Princess Pink, Cinderella Ball Gown Blue, Tinkerbell Green, and Rumbly Tumbly Orange. The yellow is Tiger's Tummy.
So meticulous


We are going to get white furniture, but I think we will wait until she is closer to not using diapers. Maybe she will get furniture for her 3rd bday in December.

I just love these three hangings.

19 comments:

Amy said...

That's amazing! Way too go Coco...and big girl Carley!

Jennifer K said...

Unreal!!! Great job, Coco! I am so impressed with your families talents. Miss seeing you!

Kelli said...

Wow, the room looks amazing! Great job, y'all!

Kristin said...

Great job!!! The finished product looks awesome...and let me just tell you, after having done stripes in EK's room, I'm so impressed Cody did it without tape!!

summer said...

Love the stripes! What a sweet Daddy!

Caroline said...

The room looks fabulous. I love all of the colors. I may have to enlist Cody for my next home improvement project.

Jennifer said...

What a precious room! Cody must have the patience of Job, I get impatient doing trim work.

Spotted-Bird said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spotted-Bird said...

Can Cody come paint my house. I can't even paint straight lines with tape. The room looks amazing. I started my own blog. Check it out if you get a chance.
Robin
www.spottedbirdsnest.com

Sara said...

Oh mi goodness! I love the stripes, such a cute idea. Love it.

Alyssa said...

The room is SO ADORABLE!!! I am so glad that Carley transitioned so easily into such a great big girl room! We love it!

Erica said...

Way to go Cody on the painting, Ashley on the decorating, and precious Carley on being such a Big girl! I am glad the transition went well for all of you. The room looks great!!

melissa deaver said...

That's the exact same bedding we're using in our nursery - crazy!!

Kristen OQ said...

SOOO cute! Cody is one talented guy. I can't even draw a straight line, much less paint a bunch of them!

cmjj said...

Jordan and I think Carley's new room is so cute. How much does Cody charge ? :) He did a fantastic job!!!! Where did you find your signs?

Leah J. said...

I love it!!! You have one talented hubby!

Cortni said...

The stripes look great! I can't believe he did that free hand! Way to go Cody!

And way to go big girl Carley!! Enjoy your big girl bed!

Shanta said...

That is amazing. He did a fantastic job!

Anonymous said...

The new room looks great! What a sweet daddy & hubby!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed