Monday, July 21, 2008

My Blog List

I am trying something new with my blog list and I thought I would blog about it because several of you out there use my list on the right to navigate back and forth between blogs. I didn't want to throw you for a loop.

The way my list works now is it is in order of who last posted. Since there are 76 blogs attached at the right it is too long to click through to see who updated. This way I can see at a glance. The only downfall is those of you who are private will always be at the bottom because it can't determine when you last updated.

There is a way to do it alphabetical by blog name but I am going to try it by order of update for a little while to see what we think.

I welcome feedback.

15 comments:

Maddie said...

PLEASE tell me who you did this? i love it!

The Stanford Family said...

Thanks for the help on the linking. I am going to try to go back and fix it, sometime!!! :)

O.K., now your need to blog about how you did that to your blog list!!!! I have seen one other person doing it. I think it is a great idea!

Jennifer K said...

I am so impressed you figured this out! Let us know how you did it!!

cmjj said...

I am going to add a post just to move to the top of your list :)

Jennifer said...

Okay, since I'm such a lurker, I'm happy you did this! You're so smart!

Ashley said...

All you do is go to the layout and create a new blog list and when you put in the URL it automatically does it. It took me literally 30 minutes to move all my URLs over by cut and paste.

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

Is it not super easy? So glad I was able to help! Thanks for your emal! :)

Melody Forest McKee said...

Woohoo! I'm at the top :) haha. Thanks for the comment. I will definitely let you know if we need any help. We may need Cody's muscles...because I am definitely not lifting our furniture!
I love your profile picture!

Carolyn said...

Maybe this will help me stop my procrastinating! At least I am not at the very bottom of the non-private blogs. :-)

Amy said...

Ok, I may have to leave my blog public now so I won't be at the bottom of your list! I just couldn't handle that! Really, I love the new list!

annalee said...

very cool!

Kristin said...

I love this new feature! And maybe it will inspire me to blog a little more so that I won't be at the bottom of your list! :)

Denae said...

It's a very cool concept but I don't like that when you click on a blog it is in RSS feed format (or something) and you can't see the cute blog templates. Or am I the only one this happens to? If it weren't for that, I would love it. Luckily I don't know too many people on your blog list. :)

Denae said...

Nevermind! After I left that comment, that problem mysteriously went away.

Denae said...

Ashley, you must be updating this as I am commenting! It is confusing me and cracking me up at the same time.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed