Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tech Game

We took Carley to her first Texas Tech game this weekend. The last time Cody and I went to a game together, I was pregnant with Carley. Can it really be that three years have gone that fast? I know it is weird we haven't been to that many games together, it just hasn't worked out.

Carley has been so excited all week about the game. It was so funny. She did not like the first quarter at all. The sun was still on her and she was hot and unimpressed. The second quarter and half time were much better. We left at the beginning of the third quarter. She was totally done after that and made it clear to all those around.

We had a great weekend. Our dear friend Brian came to visit. He was an usher in our wedding but was on my side. We taught together for one year back in 2001 and have stayed really close friends. Brian and I talk at least once a week on the way to school and he and Cody have become great friends too. We all love it when he comes to visit. Carley thinks he is her friend and that makes him even more precious in our book. Thanks for coming to visit Brian. I love you dearly.

Brian, Cody, Carley, and my Dad

Carley thought it was so fun to dress just like me.

12 comments:

Kelli said...

So fun! I LOVE Tech football games! I'm glad Carley got to see them score so much too! Those poor SMU guys....I almost felt sorry for them!

The Speck family said...

These are such fun pics! How sweet that Carley loved dressing like her mommy~ you guys are beautiful together.

Amy said...

Wish I was there. :( I love Carley's super curly hair and your dad's Yankee shirt. Nelson pictures make me happy.

PrEsToNs said...

very cute pics! I haven't been brave enough to take brentley :)
Thanks for the comment btw!

Phillips Family said...

Fun times! I love that y'all wore matching shirts!

Luft Family said...

What a cute family. Looks like tons of fun!

Jennifer K said...

I didn't know y'all were there! We had the entire family there--isn't football fun with kids?! I love the picture of you and Carley--I think I need a copy for my fridge!

Tiffany said...

Those pictures are SO CUTE! I wish I could have been there with ya!

Jami said...

Hey girl,

So glad you found me. I too love the blogging world, and love keeping up with your cute little family. Carley is so cute and I feel so connected to West Texas when I read your blog. I will just have to say on your post about things you love about Lubbock - Taco Villa, my friend!!! My sister lives there and she brings me a couple of bean burritos when she comes and visits - crazy I know but just love it!!!!

Jami

cmjj said...

I can't believe you still have that angel! And that is so sweet that you still put it on your tree...

You and Carley look beautiful! I bet it was fun...I really miss Tech games. I wish we could just get them on TV. Oh well!

*Kendra* said...

Love the mom/daughter shirts. Cassidee and I have our UT shirts for the games this fall! :)

Shannon Dial said...

so cute!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed