Monday, November 24, 2008

Carley's first haicut

Big news at the Nelson house....Carley's first haircut. She will be three in a month and I have never cut or trimmed her hair. I finally decided to on Saturday just to get the ends off and even out her hair. Here is what I learned:

1. I should not cut curly hair, especially when I do not know what I am doing.
2. It is true what they say about curly hair kinking up after. I cut off 2 inches in the back and it is like 4 inches shorter.
3. I was a nervous wreck and way too much of a perfectionist.
4. This is why they make salons.
5. Carley is like Samson. I cut her hair and Tech lost all of it's strength. I feel very guilty about this. Sorry Red Raiders. I had no idea.
It turned out cute. It looks really healthy and full, it just seems so short to me.

Here are before and afters.

Preschool pictures a couple of weeks ago. This is a good shot of how long it had gotten.
In the after picture from behind you can see how much shorter it is. Oh well, it always grows, right?


16 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Okay...I laughed out loud over number five. You are too funny, my friend!

I like the haircut and bravo to you for cutting it yourself!

Alyssa said...

It looks great! I can't wait to see it in person...

At least you didn't cut off her curls like I did when I gave you your first haircut :)

Jennifer said...

Girl, you crack me up!

Carley is so precious with long or short hair.

Jennifer K said...

I can't believe that is her first cut!! You did a great job! Maybe we should start the hunt for a stylist to cut our girls hair--b/c I think they will always have the curls!

annalee said...

that hair is beautiful! long or short she is just outright cute!

karen said...

i agree with all the other comments. carley is as cute as ever! what beautiful hair. her curls are so pretty! yea for curly hair :)
good job, ashley!

Carissa said...

It looks great! My hair was as curly as Carley's when I was little until my mom took me for my first haircut and the lady cut all of my curls off. I haven't had the same hair to this day.

Jodi said...

It looks fantastic!!!! I can't believe you were brave enough to do it on your own.... wow. :)

Caroline said...

It looks great! I can't believe you did it yourself- amazing job!! I would give anything for just a few of Carley's curls.

*Kendra* said...

Curls are tough, but it looks like you did great! I only wish Cassidee's hair was that long...

Tiffany said...

I'm very impressed that you cut it yourself. I can't believe how long it had gotten!

cmjj said...

Ashley, I can always count on you for a good laugh!!! I think you did a great job...

Shanta said...

Go Sampson. That is hilarious. I LOVE the cut! Very fresh and sassy! I may or may not have tried a trim on Campbell too, and she may or may not be sporting a pseudo-mullet this week. We are thankful it was not worse.

Allison said...

She looks great. Her hair is cute, you did a good job. Girls hair is hard! But who knew her hair was so linked to Tech. Please don't cut it again! :)

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

Awwww...I think it looks GREAT!

Anonymous said...

That cut is sooo cute! I love the short curls!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed