Friday, November 28, 2008

Christmas Cards!

YAY! I got my first Christmas card in the mail today! I love getting Christmas cards!!

A couple of weeks ago at church a family spoke about ways that they kept Christ the center of their family while raising three boys. It was a really inspiring and encouraging couple of hours. Anyway, one thing they said that they did was every week the drew a Christmas card they had received that year from a basket and, as a family, they prayed for that family for a week. I thought that was a neat idea, so just know, if you send the Nelsons a Christmas Card, we will pray for you specifically one week of the year. (Not that I won't pray for you more, but I am just saying you get your own special week!) Isn't that a cool idea?

Hope you have a wonderful start to this holiday season.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

I'll get my Christmas card to you ASAP! That is a great idea. I think we'll try that too.

Amy said...

That's a great idea! I guess I should design and order my xmas card?

Jennifer said...

I love that! Thanks for sharing such a great idea.

Jennifer said...

PS Ken wants to know if we send you more than one card, do we get more weeks? ;)

Hill Country Happenings said...

I love this idea. I plan to have our family do this as well. Thanks for sharing.

ps. found your blog from marcy bohannon. love the blog! glad to see you are doing sooo well! our little girl has curly hair too - but I would never be brave enough to cut it - curly hair frightens me! too funny!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed