Monday, February 02, 2009

Important Lessons From the Tower of Babel

In bible class yesterday Carley learned about the Tower of Babel. I think she might have missed part of the point of the story.

There is a lot of construction aroud our church building. When Carley was looking out the window and saw construction and said, "building does not make God happy. He does not want us to build". So Cody told her that they were building a really tall tower that God did not want them to build.

Then she looked at our church, which has a tall bell tower and said that our church does not make God happy because God doesn't like towers. We tried (to no avail) to argue with her, but it was ridiculous so we let it go. That afternoon she was watching part of Beauty and the Beast and saw the castle. Well that set her off again. "Belle makes God so said because she lives in a tower. God cries when he sees her tower". So I tried to tackle it again and told her the people were not obeying God and that was why he was sad. They were trying to build a tower all the way to Heaven, where God lives, and he told them not to do it. They disobeyed.

So then Carley said, "God does not want us to go to Heaven. It makes him so sad".

Then began another arguement with a three year old who had no idea what she was saying and I couldn't stop laughing.

9 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE 3-year-old wisdom! Hilarious! I read this story to Andy and we were both cracking up. Note to self: don't build any towers, don't try to go to heaven. Thanks for the warning, Carley.

Luft Family said...

She is precious. That really made my day! I can't wait until we get to have those talks with our kids.

Jennifer said...

I want to go to Carley's Sunday school class. Sounds like a real free-thinking class :) LOVE 3 year olds!!!!

cmjj said...

Oh my gosh!! Carley is so hilarious, and they stories you tell about her are too. I wish I could have been there to hear it all!!

Shanta said...

I like her rationale. At least she's trying to put the rules together! You may have a lawyer on your hands. In other news, I broke down and got a neti pot. I really enjoy the warm sensation in my nasal cavity.

Jennifer K said...

She is so stinkin' smart. Does she teach the class? Lots of wisdom in her little head!

*Kendra* said...

I'm cracking up! She's a hoot!

Nicole said...

That is a perfect blog story! You will be so happy one day when you go back and read your blog that you recorded that one.

Robby and Lynsey said...

So funny - we've been laughing at this story all week. We were sad to miss you at church last week! Hope you guys are doing well. Maybe next time we are in town...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed