Thursday, February 12, 2009

You never know

Last night one of 13 year old students died. He was at a small group bible study for his church youth group. He went to the bathroom, has a seizure, and was gone. He had no history of anything like that. Noone knew he was sick or feeling anything weird, if he was. TJ was a great kid. Smart, funny, charming as could be, cute, hard working, talented, and creative. All the kids liked him. He was just one of those great nice kids. Today was such a sad day at school for our students and faculty. It is so unbelievable to think how life ends in an instant.

I have nothing to say for a wrap up. No life lessons, no adage to sum it up. It is just amazing how life begins and ends out of our hands and often so quickly and without warning. My heart goes out to his parents and little brother who loved him. He had such a bright future. I know that he is in a much better place. (afterall, dying at church is a pretty good place to go) It is still just amazing.

12 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness. I've lost students before, and it is SO very hard. So I am sending up prayers for this family, your school, and for you. Blessings all around....

Chinell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Wow. I can't imagine. Praying for their family and for your school family.

Erica said...

We will keep the teachers, students, and TJ's family lifted up in prayer. So sorry.

annalee said...

what a hard time for everyone. remembering his life and everyone surrounding him too. just prayed for God's comfort!

Jennifer K said...

May others come to know HIM because of TJ's testimony. Sounds like a great all around kid. Praying for God's comfort as well.

Julie said...

wow, how freaky/scary/sad for those in the bible study to have a member leave for a few moments to go to the bathroom and die while there.
-(Julie Rich)

The Speck family said...

Oh my word, that is so tragic. I cannot imagine how stunned everyone must be. Praying for everyone who knew him....

Amy said...

Wow. That's horrible. I'm so sorry.

Luft Family said...

I can't imagine. That is so sad. Sorry to hear that Carley has the flu...no fun.

laura jo said...

I'm so sorry. I'll pray for your community right now.

Caroline said...

I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine his parents' devistation. Praying for his family and your school

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed