Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday, Cody!

Cody is 30 today! I want to wish a very happy birthday to my sweet and special husband.

In honor of him, here are 30 fun things I love about Cody (in no particular order)

1. Cody can draw really well. When we are waiting for our food at restraunts Cody draws Carley the cutest 3D cartoon characters off the top of his head to keep her happy. Truthfully, it entertains us both.

2. Cody loves my family like his own. He is a great addition to the Core clan and especially a great son to my parents.

3. Cody takes Carley to McDonalds every week for breakfast on their own date.

4. Cody loves organization and his closet is a perfect example. He is always building new things for his closet and drawing up new ideas for it.

5. Cody is easy going.

6. Cody is super strong....like it is crazy how strong he is.

7. Cody loves to go to eat for breakfast.

8. Cody is really into guns. This is not my favorite thing about him, but he loves them and loves the safety factor of them. He has his CHL (consealed handgun license) and takes it very seriously.

9. Cody had a really crappy childhood and has overcome more than anyone knows.

10. Cody paints and creates beautiful rooms.

11. Cody is always trying his hand at new things. He is wants to be a a jack of all trades.

12. Cody listened to all of the Harry Potter books on CD with me.

13. Cody never suggests we stay home from church and always encourages me to go.

14. Cody is a really good listener.

15. Cody really is a guy's guy.

16. Cody loves safety and security. He is on the security team at church and is a safety clown for the fire department.

17. Cody is a good neighbor. He is the guy who everyone around our house comes to when something isn't working or they are suspicious of something in the neighborhood.

18. Cody is very gentle. Over the past year he has had to give me lots of different shots. None of them have ever hurt. He just has a very gentle touch at all times.

19. Cody is really good at all of his jobs.

20. Cody has a great, quick, and easy smile.

21. Cody always tells me that he loves me.

22. Cody is a great father.

23. Cody always sleeps with his hand on my pregnant belly.

24. Cody is always looking at new ideas for how to do stuff.

25. Cody is hard working.

26. Cody has had jobs as a butcher and as a mechanic. He is super handy.

27. Cody is very patient.

28. Cody loves me like Christ loves the church.

29. Cody is great with Carley.

30. Cody is a wonderful father, friend, and husband. I am so lucky to go through life with him.

Happy Birthday, Cody! We love you!

8 comments:

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday, Coco! I love your list... it is a great collection of all the things I love about him. I especially love how sweet he is, how fun he is, how handy he is, and that he is a clown.

The Speck family said...

What a sweet, sweet list~ happy birthday to your man!

cmjj said...

Happy Birthday Cody!!!!!!!!!!

Jodi said...

So sweet.... Happy Birthday Cody!! :)

annalee said...

happy birthday!
i've never met your husband, but i now know y'all are a perfect match! what a great guy.

Jennifer K said...

Happy Birthday, old man! Welcome to the club!

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday Cody!!

Shanta said...

Ashley, that made me want to cry. Great post about your great husband. I miss you guys. Give Cody a HUGE birthday hug for us and let us know when you're in town for crying out loud!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed