Thursday, July 02, 2009

Nursery Preview

Where did June go? We have had such a good summer. Carley is in preschool 2 days a week and next week is her last week. I am going to miss those 2 days! :) She and I have had a blast together. We have also had a lot of family time which is so fun. Baby Corey is doing great. 10 Wednesdays and he will be here. It is so hard to believe!

Cody has been working hard on the nursery. The room was mauve when we moved in and we have never messed with it. We assumed Nelson 2 would be along sooner than this so we kept deciding to wait until we knew gender. "The Pink Room" has been our storage room for 2 years so it has taken a lot of work to get ready. Long story short, I wanted a baby blue room with brown stripes. Cody wanted a firestation looking room. Cody told me his ideas and I hated them. But, I have humbly learned, in the Nelson house when it comes to colors and big projects, Cody is always right. Yes, folks, I said "always right". So I protested, he ignored, and he got to work.
The top of the walls is now grey. Cody didn't like me stopping his work to take picutres.
He did brick board around the bottom.
He changed all the light fixtures from white to black with sliver diamond plating on the outside.
He put in a white chair rail and baseboards. (which I thought were too big, but once again, I was wrong)
Carley was quite the "helper". She went in about every 10 minutes to check on dad and help. She insisted on using her tools and hammering with Cody.

We are still working on decorating so I will post more later, but I wanted to show off my cute construction man's project.

18 comments:

Allison said...

Cute, Cute, CUTE! Your man knows what he's doing because it looks GREAT!!!!! I can't even believe it's only 10 more WEDNESDAYS!!! YAY!!!

Jennifer said...

Very cute, Cody did a GREAT job!

courtney said...

oh, i can't wait to see it all finished! it already looks so cute!

Caroline said...

Darling! I love it. Corey is going to have a really special room!

Amy said...

I LOVE IT!! I'm just upset that I can't click on the photos to enlarge them and get a better look. If you could work on that it'd be great. :)

The Speck family said...

Oh my word, how adorable is that nursery!??! You guys did a great job~ that brick is so cool!

Robby and Lynsey said...

I'm with everyone else - Very cute!! I love the brick - did he paint that or is it some sort of "board"? Love it! Yay for 10 more weeks.

annalee said...

i can't get over the brick board. everything looks SO good!

The Stanford Family said...

THAT IS SO CUTE!!!!!

Luft Family said...

Simply adorable! Can't wait to see it in person. :)

Kelli said...

LOVE IT! The nursery looks so great!

I am glad you shared about how Cody is always right. Joe Dan is always right too, and sometimes it stinks, but mostly I am really glad he has "The Eye" because I do not.

We are planning to be in Lubbock at some point, possibly late July or early August. I'll let you know, and maybe we can hang out!

Shanta said...

Cody rocks my socks. It looks great in there! When are you coming to D town?

cmjj said...

I am going to cry! It is so so so good!!!!!!! I wish I could be there to meet Corey...I am so glad things are going well :)

Jodi said...

ADORABLE! I too wish I could click on them and make them bigger.... hoping for detail! But seriously, it looks amazing. Good job humbling yourself. :) 10 more weeks!!! Yay!!! :)

Clint said...

Cody - great job. Corey is going to love it! Very MANLY!!

laura jo said...

i am super impressed! excellent work, cody! what a creative guy you've got there, ashley! love it!

Lisa Renee said...

Ashley, that is super cute! What a blessing to have a husband that is not only willing but also so handy!

Tara said...

adorable!!! cody is doing a great job on the little fireman's room! love it!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed